Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stone Appreciation for Your Comments

+14
Ferdie *
Harleyrider
nguyển thái lý
landerloos
trantanhung_nt
Todd Ellis
jrodriguez
Chris Cochrane
pongsatorn.k
Russell Coker
Khaimraj Seepersad
Milan Kulhavy
peterbrod
ogie
18 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Stone Appreciation for Your Comments - Page 4 Empty Re: Stone Appreciation for Your Comments

Post  ogie Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:32 pm

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:Hi Ogie

I see the dragonhead...
What kind of plastic are your friend using for your Smile daisas?

Kind regards yvonne

Hi Yvonne,

Its wood but the finishing is special mix of polymer urethane so easier to carve,a bit tidious but easy to patch it up once you make mistake

Your friend,
Ogie

Last edited by ogie on Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Stone Appreciation for Your Comments - Page 4 Empty Re: Stone Appreciation for Your Comments

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:01 am

AHA....thanks Ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:28 am

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:AHA....thanks Ogie

Your most Welcome my friend Smile

Ogie
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:17 pm

Alex,

Nice dragon head. I think the stone material you find in your country is very similar to what we find in Puerto Rico.

Your friend,

Jose Luis
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:31 pm

jrodriguez wrote:Alex,

Nice dragon head. I think the stone material you find in your country is very similar to what we find in Puerto Rico.

Your friend,

Jose Luis

Hello JLuis,

I would probably think so,seeing the location site posted by you and Omar,it has some similarity in feature,I'm glad you like it

Keep well my friend,
Alex Smile
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:51 am

I maybe have a slight touch of envy Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:48 pm

lol! Please come Yvonne...Be more than happy to accomodate you

Your friend,
Alex/Ogie
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:57 pm

Thanks Ogie....next week Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:48 am

Hi there...Do you think this is better in a Suiban or a Daiza?Your opinion is highly appreciated
Thanks in advance.....Alex/Ogie
[img] Stone Appreciation for Your Comments - Page 4 Dsc_0219[/img]
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:49 am

Hi Ogie

The stone works in a suiban.....could we see it from more sides?

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:15 am

Will do Yvonne Smile just forgot to shoot
Your friend,
Alex/Ogie
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:05 am

Hi IBC friends,
This is one of my price stone i adore,pls give me your comment,would highly appreciate it
Thanks & regards...Alex/Ogie
[img] Stone Appreciation for Your Comments - Page 4 Dsc_0220[/img]
[img] Stone Appreciation for Your Comments - Page 4 Dsc_0221[/img]
[img] Stone Appreciation for Your Comments - Page 4 Dsc_0222[/img]
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:30 am

Hi Ogie

This is a really nice stone, beatiful in the woden seat. Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards Yvonne Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:42 am

This is a really nice stone, beatiful in the woden seat. Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards Yvonne Smile

Thank you Yvonne..I'm glad you like it,what do you see in it?

Your friend,
Ogie Very Happy
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:52 pm

Hi Ogie and other guys

Nothing speciel for this stone, I just like the collour and the shape of it. Also is the woodseat elegant.

I know this seat is not of japanese taste. But after being following this site for a few months, I think, i want to embrace the diffrent sorts of taste, people in diffrent countries have. Especial in indonesia, and the surrounding countries, is the taste of seat not like japanese taste.

I am tired of saying, you should make a seat of japanese taste, when you, and other guys have a diffrent taste.
If you want to learn to make a japanese taste seat, please study books/pictures, also look a Peterbrod's daizas, and try to make them look alike.

I will look at the stones, and comment on them, if I find a traditionel japanese stoneshape in it, I may advice a japanese taste seat. But you guys in your countries have the right to your own taste.

I will comment on your seats, if I find them elegant, and is highlighting the stone.

If you want deeper answers from me about a stone, please ask again.

Very kind regards Yvonne Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi Yvonne,

Thank you for your candid reply Yvonne,i myself is always learning from people like You,Chris & others who have contributed so mch at this forum,On the personal note regarding The Daiza,i feel that iregardless whether it be Japanese,Chinese,Korean....it doesn't matter,for as long as it gives the sense of simplicity,balance & proper proprtion it'll work for me.The likes of Peterbrod had give us his fair share of his skill in Daiza making,which i think are elegant.
I would like to see more members to share the love of suiseki,for comparatively,there are few to the Bonsai enthusiast.I too love Bonsai for it is my first love,but i'm getting the hang of stone more lately."keep them coming stone lover"
Chris has been a constant teacher to us,nevertheless so does others in the IBC which i might miss mentioning now,let me Thank you again for educating us always in this ART & would like to continue learning.Pls keep sharing.

Regards,
Alex/Ogie Smile

Last edited by ogie on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispelled word)
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:49 pm

Hi Ogie

Thanks for your reply.
I dont feel like a teacher. I only commend on the stones and seats, as a person who loves stones...like any other person on this forum, can I give my oppinion, thats all. I am happy to do this....But I would like you guyes out there to commend on my, and each others stones too, as I am no more than a stonelover like you. You Ogie, comment on other peoples stones...others from indonesia, and the surrounding countries schould do the same, it will make this forum much more allive. Speak out, and learn by doing.

Kind regards Yvonne.....

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:18 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I dont feel like a teacher. I only commend on the stones and seats, as a person who loves stones...like any other person on this forum, can I give my oppinion, thats all. I am happy to do this....But I would like you guyes out there to commend on my, and each others stones too, as I am no more than a stonelover like you. You Ogie, comment on other peoples stones...others from indonesia, and the surrounding countries schould do the same, it will make this forum much more allive. Speak out, and learn by doing.

Kind regards Yvonne.....

Hello Yvonne,

Very Happy You're in this forum,whatever comment are most welcome because thats how we learn
Thanks again & my kindness regards,

Ogie lol!
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:51 pm

lol! Hi Ogie Smile

I am hoping for more people to speak their opinion. Could be fun7interesting to read.

kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:41 am

Let's see how far it goes Yvonne
study

Till then
Alex/Ogie
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:49 pm

Hi Ogie

I did not really expect a reaction from anyone else than you. As the other stonelovers on this forum only speak poor inglish, and it is much to difficult to express an oppinion, and maybe, they need to think for a long time about this.
Chris' oppinion, I think I already know. But he can post a reply, if he wants. This is a friendly forum.

Now I have it off my chest, and the stonelovers arround, will understand my answers. Or please ask again Smile .

Very kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:18 pm

[quote="ogie"]Hi IBC friends,
This is one of my price stone i adore,pls give me your comment,would highly appreciate it
Thanks & regards...Alex/Ogie
[img] Stone Appreciation for Your Comments - Page 4 Dsc_0220[/img]
[img] Stone Appreciation for Your Comments - Page 4 Dsc_0221[/img]
[img] Stone Appreciation for Your Comments - Page 4 Dsc_0222[/img][/quote Exclamation Exclamation

Gateway to reaching Lao Tzu!
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:02 pm

Hi Ogie... Thanks for thoughtfulness. We should be encouraging stone friendships while learning together.

Each stone carries its own truth for the owner as well as every other viewer. Your deeply black stone with a hole is certainly uncommon and, therefore, a good candidate for appreciation. I look to tradition to suggest how stones are appreciated & agree with Jose Luis that an entrance to the Daoists' "realm of Immortals" is the best landscape image from which to draw. Jose Luis poetically refers to it as "Gateway to reaching Lao Tzu!" which succinctly indicates appreciation of the gate, Daoism (through Lao Tzu) and engagement of the viewer.

I would mount the stone to enhance that image & the Chinese origin of that image. The stone has a relatively straight ridge across the lower front-side of its penetrating hole. Making the straight ridge-line the floor of the hole would invite recognizing it as a gate. "Moon gates" piercing Chinese garden & architecture walls are circular, but truncated across the bottom by a flat earthen walking path or the surface of a waterway; they similarly represent the entrance to the "realm of the Immortals." The stone also suggests the entrance to a cave reaching an immortals' realm in Tao Qian's (a.k.a., Tao Yuanming's) poem "Peach Blossom Spring."

Another viewer might see the stone as resembling the contour of a lady's handbag. Such "fun stone" images are not appealing to me, but they have a wide following. Portrait/torso stones with carved necks & shoulders as their wood seating might be highly recognizable as human (even a particular human) but those are not very moving in regard to the truth of stones, which relate to feelings or stories which often touch us deeply through experience in remote nature or spiritual contemplation. Both suiseki & scholars' rocks touch a cord that brings us closer to our own essence.

For viewing stone enthusiasm, a stone should resemble some thing or concept. Otherwise, we are appreciating a mineral specimen for its mineral qualities-- a rock or mineral collection perspective. A stone can resemble an abstract concept such as "feeling the wind," "noble elegance of the aged, upright warrior," et. al., but it should be strikingly engaging whether suggesting an abstract concept, scene or object. After this decision, stones are mounted to support the engaging view.

Identifying a stone's potential in engaging the viewer after mounting is arguably "putting the cart before the horse." Alternatively, it allows the owner to present (and test) the effectiveness of the stone and mounting. Your mounting engaged Jose Luis to see what I see in the stone, but not so much in the mounting. There is nothing wrong in the mounting, but I would have considered a different alignment, if balance allowed it, to more strongly support the image Jose Luis perceives.

Different alignment...
 Stone Appreciation for Your Comments - Page 4 Ibc-al10

Last edited by Chris Cochrane on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  nguyển thái lý Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:02 am

hi ogie

let me ask you this, the stone came from somewhere, I'm sorry, I'm somewhat curious, because I see it as a rock in Vietnam
nguyển thái lý
nguyển thái lý

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:16 am

Hi JLuis,
I'm glad to hear from you again,good envision of it,thanks for your insight,always a pleasure
Your friend,
Alex/Ogie Smile
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next