Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stone Appreciation for Your Comments

+14
Ferdie *
Harleyrider
nguyển thái lý
landerloos
trantanhung_nt
Todd Ellis
jrodriguez
Chris Cochrane
pongsatorn.k
Russell Coker
Khaimraj Seepersad
Milan Kulhavy
peterbrod
ogie
18 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Stone Appreciation for Your Comments - Page 6 Empty Re: Stone Appreciation for Your Comments

Post  ogie Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:44 am

Hello once again , want to share this twin peak of mine hope you like it!
Regards....Alex
[img] Stone Appreciation for Your Comments - Page 6 Img_0010[/img]
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Stone Appreciation for Your Comments - Page 6 Empty Re: Stone Appreciation for Your Comments

Post  sunip Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:18 am

Hello Alex,
Yes i like the stone.
It may sound strange, but i must say, each time i see white water or milk used in viewing stones i am shocked.
I know the thoughts behind it, but for me personally it is not necessary, in any case the practice disturbs for me the free appreciation.
When displaying, i think it is worth considering if this practice is necessary?
Can you say something about the use of the white cushion for a mountain stone as well?
I am eager to learn from others.
regards, Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:16 am

Hi Sunip,
I totally agree with you regarding the with milky white water,actually its just for the portrait purposes so that it can be some sorth of gauge to see more clearly, but when i display it on exhibit its just plain water Smile
The cushion likewise is for me to take the picture, it is suppose to be in suiban with sand but i'm still finding the right size for it.I'm having difficulty in our country to look for pots as suiban,we are still quite infant in as far as suiseki is concern.Thank you for candid quiery and feel free to comment and i will be more glad to answer to the best of my knowledge
A Friend,
Alex Very Happy
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:25 am

Alex,

Wonderful suiseki, or should I say Suesok?

Your friend,

Jose Luis
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:11 pm

Thanks JLuis,

I'm happy you like it,i'll post it once again with a proper suiban later.

Your Friend,

Alex/Ogie

Last edited by ogie on Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispell)
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:40 am

Hi ogie

I like yout black stone very much. How big is it?.
Look forward to one day to see it in a suiban.

It looks like a very hard stone, and to show it weath may not be the right thing to do.

A daiza, and a good indor yoseki/polish to give patina will highlight parts on the stone. No water in the pool.
As it is a mountainstone is this for a winterdisplay.

For summerdisplay in a suiban is this hard stone, with the indor-yoseki shown, with only a little clear water in the pool, and not weath all ower. IMHO Smile

Kind tegards yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  peterbrod Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:10 am

ThumbsUp  Stone Appreciation for Your Comments - Page 6 Dscf8710 Stone Appreciation for Your Comments - Page 6 Dscf8711
peterbrod
peterbrod

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:05 am

Hi Yvonne,
Im happy to hear your suggestion. Yes it is a hard stone,it needs more weathered aging to show its full potential,i will soon post it in a suiban display without wetting,feel free to give your opinion,all will be taken in consideration.Thank you so much for your insight

Your Friend,
Aliex/Ogie Smile
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:07 am

peterbrod wrote: ThumbsUp  Stone Appreciation for Your Comments - Page 6 Dscf8710 Stone Appreciation for Your Comments - Page 6 Dscf8711

Thanks Peterbrod much appreciate it sunny
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:00 am

Hi fellow member,
Hope you like it and give me your comment thanks
Regards,
Alex
[url= Stone Appreciation for Your Comments - Page 6 Img_2515][url=
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:12 am

ogie wrote:Hi fellow member,
Hope you like it and give me your comment thanks
Regards,
Alex
[url= Stone Appreciation for Your Comments - Page 6 Img_2515][url=

Very nice turtle Ogie, you know I keep tortoises (live ones that is)
Would fit nicly in my collection Wink

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:35 am

Hi Ogie

Sweet little animal Smile....I like the way the backpart is made ( not really legs).

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:55 am

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the comment,i found one black stone quite a size too, made a torqouise out of it,will post it soon.I too love turtle and aquatic tank fish.Keep well my friend

Your Friend,
Alex/Ogie
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:17 pm

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:Hi Ogie

Sweet little animal Smile....I like the way the backpart is made ( not really legs).

Kind regards Yvonne

Thanks Yvonne,
Glad you like the concept of my daiza
Your Friend,
Alex/Ogie Smile
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:53 pm

Hello Alex.
In my eyes the pronounced front of the daiza with the feet, is a bit to much.
The fit with the stone there is also not tight.
I personally would try a more reserved daiza.
regards, Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:08 pm

sunip wrote:Hello Alex.
In my eyes the pronounced front of the daiza with the feet, is a bit to much.
The fit with the stone there is also not tight.
I personally would try a more reserved daiza.
regards, Sunip Wink

Hi Sunip,
I know the dai is quite excentrigue,just toying around the idea.The fitting of the stone are fitted exactly,it looks like loose because of the contour i want to flow with the stones shape,thanks for the kin observation & comment,much appreciate it
Regards,
Alex
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:59 am

Hi once again.
Post another stone for your comment,thank you in advance
Regards,
Alex/Ogie
[img] Stone Appreciation for Your Comments - Page 6 Img_2516[/img]
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:21 am

Hello Alex,
My first impression is; Venus of Willendorf,
this is one specimen found in Austria, but all over
there are finds of different prehistoric small sculptures (paleolithic),
they are seen as fertility symbols.
Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:54 am

Hi Sunip,
Thank you for the info,always a pleasure to hear your input
Regards,
Alex
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:16 pm

Fat lady carving a pumpkin.

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:18 pm

landerloos wrote:Fat lady carving a pumpkin.

Peter

Cool Nice observation Peter

Regards....Alex

ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:21 pm

ogie wrote:
landerloos wrote:Fat lady carving a pumpkin.

Peter

Cool Nice observation Peter

Regards....Alex

I also see a man with a very big......................... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed ( like the japanese shunga drawings alway excaturated)

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:23 pm

I'm with you Peter...but i hope other might aee it different,keep them coming ( your comments/observation)

Regards,,,Alex Shocked
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Stone Appreciation for Your Comments - Page 6 Empty Could it be ?

Post  stonener Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:00 pm

"SANTA CLAUSE"
Hello Alex,
Looks like the big bellied, golly fat guy, in a red outfit who comes on Christmas Eve,
sometimes called Chris Kringle, St. Nicolas or by many other names throughout the world.
He's caring a large sack hung over this shoulder full of gifts for good boys and girls.
With arm fulls of toys, candy and goodies in celebration of the birth of baby Jesus.
He rides in a sled pulled by twelve rain deer, one with a red nose who leads the way.
Comes down your chimney and leaves presents under your Christmas Tree,
Bigger and Better ones if you leave cookies and milk as a Thank You for him.
It is the most joyous occasion for children!, and grown ups who like to play the part of Santa.
I believe this art if seen through the innocent eyes of a child is easier to understand... Basketball
more info; Google

Stone Appreciation for Your Comments - Page 6 Old-fa10

Last edited by stonener on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add picture)

stonener

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:11 pm

Hi Stoner,
Such a wonderful thought,everytime i look at this stone, it gives me variable outcome.The Santa Claus is neat and thanks for sharing your insight

Regards,
Alex Very Happy
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next