Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stone from Nam Giang river

5 posters

Go down

Stone from Nam Giang river Empty Stone from Nam Giang river

Post  thientrakieu Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:14 pm

Hi IBC members.
Please give me your comments and tell me
how to make a daiza for it
Stone from Nam Giang river Dscn2210

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Stone from Nam Giang river Empty Re: Stone from Nam Giang river

Post  Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:02 pm

Hi Thientrakieu

Could you make something, that looks like a neck, and shoulders?......To me, does the stone look like a thoughtfull nosemonkey....( This is the name of a kind of monkey, direct translated from danish).

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:16 pm

I can see the monkey; I think we call it a Proboscis Monkey. I like the idea of a neck and shoulders.

I swear this is from the website Wikipedia.
They have a photo but it didn't copy and I am not sure it would be allowed in any case. Just go to the Wikipedia website for the photo or google Proboscis Monkey.

The proboscis monkey (Nasalis larvatus) or long-nosed monkey, known as the bekantan in Malay, is a reddish-brown arboreal Old World monkey that is endemic to the south-east Asian island of Borneo. It belongs in the monotypic genus Nasalis, although the pig-tailed langur has traditionally also been included in this genus - a treatment still preferred by some.[3]
The monkey also goes by the Malay name monyet belanda ("Dutch monkey"), or even orang belanda ("Dutchman"), as Indonesians remarked that the Dutch colonisers often had a similarly large belly and nose.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:26 pm

Hi Billy

Many thanks for this information. Funny to know the stories.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  thientrakieu Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:14 am

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:Hi Billy

Many thanks for this information. Funny to know the stories.

Kind regards Yvonne
Hi Yvonne Graubaek and Billy.
I also think it's a monkey. Many thanks for Yvonne Graubaek's suggestion and Billy's wonderful storie.
Kind regards

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Post  thientrakieu Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:31 am

Hi Everybody
This is my new stone from Nam Giang river. Please tell me what kind it is, is it an agglomerate?
Stone from Nam Giang river Dscn0011

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:11 am

Hello Thientrakieu.
It looks like a conglomarate but are you sure it is naturally cemented together?
Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  thientrakieu Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:59 am

sunip wrote:Hello Thientrakieu.
It looks like a conglomarate but are you sure it is naturally cemented together?
Sunip Wink
Hello Sunip.
Perhaps you're right,it's a conglomarate . I'm sure it's naturally cemented together because I myself found it.

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:30 am

It doesn't look natural to me, it looks like the remains of older construction using cement. The material between the small stones looks like cement.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  thientrakieu Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:01 am

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:It doesn't look natural to me, it looks like the remains of older construction using cement. The material between the small stones looks like cement.
Hi Billy M Rhodes.
You have your own reason not to believe it. I think people often use pulpstones with the same size for their construction instead of pebbles or cobble with not the same size.

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Post  thientrakieu Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:25 am

Hi Everybody
Another stone from NAm Giang, I use an old driftwood to make a seat for it. I am looking forward to hearing from your comments.
url=https://servimg.com/view/15906511/187]Stone from Nam Giang river Dscn9911[/url]

Last edited by thientrakieu on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Post  RKatzin Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:42 am

Hi to all, the conglomerate pictured is a natural formation. We see much of it along the Rogue River where pyroclastic mud flows from volcanic eruptions are eroded away by the cut bank of the river. Another find is a stone that looks like a piece of brick impregnated with pebbles. I have another stone that looks like something that dripped out of a cement mixer, but was found deep in the earth. When you consider how these fakey looking stones are formed, I find the pondering very interesting. Rick
RKatzin
RKatzin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:08 am

Hi Thientrakieu

Many thanks for showing us this very elegant and tastefull display, with one stone, and a small piese of wood.

kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  thientrakieu Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:55 pm

RKatzin wrote:Hi to all, the conglomerate pictured is a natural formation. We see much of it along the Rogue River where pyroclastic mud flows from volcanic eruptions are eroded away by the cut bank of the river. Another find is a stone that looks like a piece of brick impregnated with pebbles. I have another stone that looks like something that dripped out of a cement mixer, but was found deep in the earth. When you consider how these fakey looking stones are formed, I find the pondering very interesting. Rick
Hi RKatzin,
I understand what you say. Here is the second stone, it is a conglomerate from cement mixer I found on the river. There is a lot of mortar between pebbles to agglutinate them, very different from the first stone.

url=https://servimg.com/view/15906511/188]Stone from Nam Giang river V_i_p_10[/url]

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Post  thientrakieu Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:59 pm

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:Hi Thientrakieu

Many thanks for showing us this very elegant and tastefull display, with one stone, and a small piese of wood.

kind regards Yvonne
Hi Yvonne Graubaek,
Many thanks for your enjoyment and compliment.

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Stone from Nam Giang river Empty Stone for your comments

Post  thientrakieu Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:47 am

Stone from Nam Giang river Dscn0512

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Post  thientrakieu Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:03 am

url=https://servimg.com/view/15906511/196]Stone from Nam Giang river Dscn0510[/url]

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Stone from Nam Giang river Empty Nam Giang River Stones

Post  stonener Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:37 am

Hello Thien
Wonderful... cyclops

Last edited by stonener on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:52 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : -)

stonener

Back to top Go down

Post  thientrakieu Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:30 am

Hi Suiseki Friends.

This stone has many colors, what do you think of it?
url=https://servimg.com/view/15906511/201]Stone from Nam Giang river Dscn1911[/url]

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down