Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

casuarina area

Go down

casuarina area  Empty casuarina area

Post  Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi IBC.
i would like to share some more trees with you. just segregated my ironwood/casuarina area today, the new tree just come in, i cant wait to finish all these trees. bought these pedestals too at bargain price of $13 a piece, turn table style, i would change the color though, not my type.posted also 2 more trees. ..grass, shurbs and everything green i keep near the trees to keep the humidity balanced and to keep the area slightly cooler during the summer...so sorry for the green background.

casuarina area  Dsc_1019

My ironwood space getting filled up...few smaller ones would do.

casuarina area  Dsc_1020

new kid on the block...been waiting a long time to get this one, sadly this tree is not a "virgin"... somebody else had selected the branch before i acquired it.

casuarina area  Dsc_1021

Plenty of supply, yet rare in my collection-the coveted pemphis

casuarina area  Dsc_1022

growing this one for a year now. i splitted the trunk and used the other half as firewood.ready for first styling. no product endorsement here...that's a pepsi cola.

regards,
jun Smile Smile

Last edited by jun on Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

casuarina area  Empty Re: casuarina area

Post  cosmos Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:54 pm

Hi Jun
Thanks for sharing. Surely your casuarina collection is getting very captivating. I like all your yamadori trees but most of all I lik the new casuarina. You said that it is not 'virgin' because it has been already worked on by other persons. does that bother you because its 'value' as a bonsai would be somewhat compromised or what????

Thanks again
Cosmos
cosmos
cosmos

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:44 pm

Cosmos,

thanks!

its just a personal choice. its like creating a child against adopting a child... i prefer creating my own child. Evil or Very Mad Cool if you know what i mean.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmos Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:49 pm

I understand your reasoning but still sometimes adopting is a good option. Nonetheless I envisage your casuarina as a semi-cascade with driftwood having two pads (the upper dominant and larger than the lower smaller one). Keep us updated and thanks.

Cosmos
cosmos
cosmos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down