Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup

+3
Ka Pabling
anttal63
kauaibonsai
7 posters

Go down

kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Empty kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup

Post  kauaibonsai Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:51 am

our summer show closed today after a highly successful two day run. we had great pre-exhibit publicity which brought folks out in droves. sharing a sampling of tree and stone images.
kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Dsc06627included were trees big and small - here a huge two man pond cypress. kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Dsc06628
summer means bright colors so a pink pixie bougainvillea with a large and unusually beautifiul trunk was presented.kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Dsc06630 the most difficult style to do well - literati. a black pinekauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Dsc06631 a collected casuarina. sensitively styled kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Dsc06632 very old bougainvillea with the spiraling hollow trunk - on fire. kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Dsc06633 a forest planting is always a crowd pleaser. a gnarly candle tree yose'ue. kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Dsc06634 golden cypress.kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Dsc06710 procumbens nana.kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Dsc06711 kishu shimpaku. kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Dsc06712 chuhin kishu. kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Dsc06635 like small? some shohin. kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Dsc06713 before the doors kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Dsc06714 morekauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Dsc06715 again.kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Dsc06716kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Dsc06717[/url[url=https://servimg.com/view/15061647/428]kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Dsc06718[/url[url=https://servimg.com/view/15061647/429]kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Dsc06719[/url[url=https://servimg.com/view/15061647/430]kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Dsc06720[/url[url=https://servimg.com/view/15061647/431]kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Dsc06721[/url[url=https://servimg.com/view/15061647/432]kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Dsc06722 amazing ficus nerifolia.kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Dsc06723 full housekauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Dsc06724

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Empty Re: kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup

Post  anttal63 Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:41 am

Great casuarina!!! Cool Cool Cool cheers
anttal63
anttal63

Back to top Go down

kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Empty kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup

Post  Ka Pabling Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:36 pm

very nice presentation and all trees are properly identified atleast with their english names.
Ka Pabling
Ka Pabling

Back to top Go down

kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup Empty Re: kauai bonyu kai summer exhibit wrapup

Post  Hawaiian77 Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:07 pm

Howzit Cuz,

Love the casuarina and the bougies. I like the way y'all had displayed the bonsai's. The people could come up close and personal to it.
ThumbsUp

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  kauaibonsai Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:34 am

thanks for the feedback, friends. the exhibit was great, however, with just five pairs of hands doing tree prep, site prep, publicity, exhibit setup, exhibit during and exhibit after, we're a bit pooped- but ready to do it again on july 11th at the lawai peace garden, where 88 shrines set in a lovely wooded valley bring pilgrims from all over the country to meditate and pray. a featured guest will be riley lee, grandmaster of the japanese flute.

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  anttal63 Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:04 am

Well done fellas a huge credit to ya's! cheers
anttal63
anttal63

Back to top Go down

Post  cjcosta Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:31 am

Lot of work but worth it!!!

Great trees, congratulations.

Best Regards,

Carlos Costa
cjcosta
cjcosta

Back to top Go down

Post  kauaibonsai Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:04 pm

thanks carlos. reminds me, I owe you some carving pictures.

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  chris Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:08 pm

Thanks for showing these great trees, for me the procumbens nana and the Kishu Shimpaku are my pick of the bunch. I also like the Kingfisher scrolls, but the trees being shown with them, the Pine and the Reedwood? for me are the wrong side eg the scroll and tree should enclose the image here the kingfishers are looking out of the image rather than in, great scrolls through I have been trying to get a Kingfisher for ages.
Regards Chris
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

Post  kauaibonsai Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:17 pm

thanks for the comment chris. from the king dragon, no less. from way out in the middle of the pacific, I always look for and enjoy your trees and posts. yes you are absolutely right about the cypress and pine going away from the image on the scrolls. something to take note of for the next time. the kishu is mine. I'm happy you like it. the origin of the kingfisher scrolls is japan. I purchased the smaller one for $29 (hand painted on hemp) during a recent visit to kyoto. best wishes from hawaii.

sam

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  chris Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:36 pm

Hi Sam, Looks like I have to find the time to get over to Japan!!
Regards Chris
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

Post  kauaibonsai Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:41 pm

you'll enjoy it. I promise !! next year japan hosts the ASPAC convention. a huge endeavor hosted every other year by an asian country. absolutely top drawer starting with kimura. there you can buy your scrolls and anything else you could possibly ever want.

best regards, sam

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Pola Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:56 am

Thanks for sharing! Love that casuarina!! affraid
Pola
Pola

Back to top Go down

Post  kauaibonsai Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:27 am

thanks

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down