Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kauai Bonyu Kai Summer Exhibit of Fine Bonsai and Stones - Kauai Style

3 posters

Go down

Kauai Bonyu Kai Summer Exhibit of Fine Bonsai and Stones - Kauai Style Empty Kauai Bonyu Kai Summer Exhibit of Fine Bonsai and Stones - Kauai Style

Post  kauaibonsai Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:19 am

Bonyu Kai's summer exhibit is coming up fast ! June 18th and 19th to be exact. Our six members plan to show at least 30 bonsai of all sizes and at least as many suiseki - so we have a busy week ahead. here are some of mine that could make the cut. the ones that make the exhibit need to be refined, mossed, pots cleaned, etc. so pardon the messy look for now.
kishu shimpaku
[url=https://servimg.com/image_preview.php? i=399&u=15061647]Kauai Bonyu Kai Summer Exhibit of Fine Bonsai and Stones - Kauai Style Dsc06615[/url[url=https://servimg.com/image_preview.php?
i=400&u=15061647]Kauai Bonyu Kai Summer Exhibit of Fine Bonsai and Stones - Kauai Style Dsc06616[/url]

bougainvillea Kauai Bonyu Kai Summer Exhibit of Fine Bonsai and Stones - Kauai Style Dsc06617

root over rock juniper Kauai Bonyu Kai Summer Exhibit of Fine Bonsai and Stones - Kauai Style Dsc06618

bougainvillea Kauai Bonyu Kai Summer Exhibit of Fine Bonsai and Stones - Kauai Style Dsc06619

itoigawa shimpaku Kauai Bonyu Kai Summer Exhibit of Fine Bonsai and Stones - Kauai Style Dsc06620

tanuki Kauai Bonyu Kai Summer Exhibit of Fine Bonsai and Stones - Kauai Style Dsc06621

bougainvillea Kauai Bonyu Kai Summer Exhibit of Fine Bonsai and Stones - Kauai Style Dsc06622

juniper on stone Kauai Bonyu Kai Summer Exhibit of Fine Bonsai and Stones - Kauai Style Dsc06623

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Kauai Bonyu Kai Summer Exhibit of Fine Bonsai and Stones - Kauai Style Empty Re: Kauai Bonyu Kai Summer Exhibit of Fine Bonsai and Stones - Kauai Style

Post  Jerry Meislik Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:18 pm

Very nice trees. Good luck with the show.
Jerry
www.bonsaihunk.us
Jerry Meislik
Jerry Meislik

Back to top Go down

Kauai Bonyu Kai Summer Exhibit of Fine Bonsai and Stones - Kauai Style Empty Re: Kauai Bonyu Kai Summer Exhibit of Fine Bonsai and Stones - Kauai Style

Post  Todd Ellis Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:17 am

You have a very nice selection of trees. Would you explain how you made your tanuki? Hoe many trees did you use? Where are they attached? Age in training? Etc. Thank you. Salut, Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  kauaibonsai Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:17 am

thanks for the words guys. the tanuki is built from prostrata deadwood joined with a single large procumbens nana juniper. the living tree starts on the bottom left then curves behind the deadwood, screwed in to a groove cut to fit when the planting was made. the procumbens was blessed with many long branches allowing for creation of a believable tanuki from the outset. if I remember correctly, I assembled the planting about 7 years ago. the procumbens continues to grow strongly and is actually becoming quite a nice tree with a trunk girth about 3 inches. someday, my plan is to dissasemble the creation and redesign the juniper. I have done this recently by breaking apart some large rock/juniper plantings. the junipers are coming along very nicely.

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down