Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

air-layering from the burrs hawthorn

+10
Pola
Ian Young
Mário Eusébio
john pitt
Fred-4-u
mr treevolution
Pavel Slovák
Peter E.
wabashene
eric sanders
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

air-layering from the burrs hawthorn - Page 2 Empty Re: air-layering from the burrs hawthorn

Post  eric sanders Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:02 pm

updateair-layering from the burrs hawthorn - Page 2 02310
this picture was made today 23 april.
when it,s open all the buds i wiil make another picture
eric sanders
eric sanders

Back to top Go down

air-layering from the burrs hawthorn - Page 2 Empty Re: air-layering from the burrs hawthorn

Post  Guest Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:20 pm

Fantastic tree Eric and all that flower on such a small tree. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  eric sanders Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:41 pm

it's really nice to see, and brings a lot,s very good memories air-layering from the burrs hawthorn - Page 2 02410
eric sanders
eric sanders

Back to top Go down

Post  gope Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:34 pm

Hi guys I have a quick question! Do you ever feed your collected Hawthorns, when they respond well and are growing like crazy? My one, collected this winter is sitting in pure inorganic mix, just wondering will I add a little trace of feed while watering sometimes?

gope

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Young Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:19 pm

gope wrote:Hi guys I have a quick question! Do you ever feed your collected Hawthorns, when they respond well and are growing like crazy? My one, collected this winter is sitting in pure inorganic mix, just wondering will I add a little trace of feed while watering sometimes?

Hi Gope, Yes, you'll need to feed them. Good to hear your collected one is doing well. It is using it's stored energy to push out new growth. At some point in an inorganic mix it'll be looking for nutrients. If it has opened and is starting to extend, I personally would start and give it a light feed. Perhaps something like seaweed extract to get things moving.
Ian Young
Ian Young

Back to top Go down

Post  eric sanders Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:36 am

air-layering from the burrs hawthorn - Page 2 00410
here it is in full with flowers. cheers
eric sanders
eric sanders

Back to top Go down

Post  gope Fri May 06, 2011 10:33 pm

Ian Young wrote:
gope wrote:Hi guys I have a quick question! Do you ever feed your collected Hawthorns, when they respond well and are growing like crazy? My one, collected this winter is sitting in pure inorganic mix, just wondering will I add a little trace of feed while watering sometimes?

Hi Gope, Yes, you'll need to feed them. Good to hear your collected one is doing well. It is using it's stored energy to push out new growth. At some point in an inorganic mix it'll be looking for nutrients. If it has opened and is starting to extend, I personally would start and give it a light feed. Perhaps something like seaweed extract to get things moving.

Sorry Ian, I didn't have access to the internet for the last 2 weeks. Thank you for your response, I'll go with your advice.
Cheers!

gope

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter E. Fri May 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Not to keen on the pot.

try one like this

air-layering from the burrs hawthorn - Page 2 Pot10

Peter E.

Back to top Go down

Post  eric sanders Sat May 07, 2011 9:52 pm

that's very nice! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
eric sanders
eric sanders

Back to top Go down

Post  Rui Marques Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:30 pm

Developments, are there any?

Regards to all.
Rui Marques
Rui Marques

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2