Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shikishi board for winter

2 posters

Go down

Shikishi board for winter Empty Shikishi board for winter

Post  dick benbow Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:41 pm

Shikishi board for winter Img_3022

With the advent of official fall just days away, i got to thinking about winter and being prepared. We've all seen the monkies of japan that love to sit in the hot springs to bathe and warm up. I love the pink/reddish faces. I don't know how hiroko did it, but unseen in the photo but in real life, the big snowflakes have a silvery tint to the white. it adds a feeling of cold to the viewing....
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Shikishi board for winter Empty Re: Shikishi board for winter

Post  stonener Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:46 pm

Hey Dick!
J-san mentions your!,
Ice burg Stone?
Same theme idea!...Basketball 
stonener
*peek*

stonener

Back to top Go down

Post  stonener Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:26 am

Hey Dick I was kinda hoping to see this board in your Tokonoma.
Displayed for the coming Winter Season, before your New Year's
Would be a fun challenge to come up with a three point set up.
Once before I heard you have a real nice Winter Scene Stone.
Come on dude! break it out and give us a peek?...Basketball 
stonener
*all eyes*

stonener

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:54 pm

Just dread the thought of "promoting" the next season after fall. BRRR! kusamono is actually an artic willow after leaf drop...Shikishi board for winter Img_3111Shikishi board for winter Img_3112Shikishi board for winter Img_3113Shikishi board for winter Img_3114
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  stonener Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:53 am

Dick the fun is in using what we have and in the arrangement of it!
So working with what you show, IMHO At first glance I would switch the stone and tree,
Tree even if very young ok, speaks of second long hard journey coming through this next winter, "Struggle".
It has a kinda weeping snow style so ok on tall mountain stand, same direction placed at left corner off center, forward.
Did the monkeys eat the leaves off the tree?. Stone with daiza good, gives a warmer feeling, than if in a suiban.
But not with that thick redwood slab, you might try a simple thinner one, a mat or even a silk cloth.
Ok lets get deep if you use cloth remove the daiza, warmer feeling yet, "hot springs" or as an extra blanket.
Stone direction the same, springs facing into center of display, left to right and placed forward off center of Tokonoma.
Then spread things out but not equal spacing, stone farther out to left side, but keep the scroll center of display.
stonener
*it's the journey*

p.s. That stone is a killer! go's together with that scroll like peanut butter and jelly. even if you switched shikishi!
could have sent this by PM as usual, but Maybe!, just Maybe!, SOMEONE will have something positive to say...

Last edited by stonener on Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:20 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : many)

stonener

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:10 am

I appreciate your thoughts. always fun to challenge each other to open up new ways of seeing.....Smile
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  stonener Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:48 pm

Sorry Dick for so quickly commenting on your Tokonoma display, my bad...No 
I should have in retrospect allowed you to tell us your story first!, which I thought you did.
I had been hoping and waiting to see when and how you would use this beautiful Shikishi...Like a Star @ heaven 
Wanting not to wait a whole year for next window in time! I decided to kindly risk motivating.
As I get older and I more quickly tier!, I have been noticing the fall signs of the coming Winter...cyclops 
Shorter warm days and longer cold nights are a warning! that even the tree take notice.
But maybe would have been better said by PM...Basketball 
stonener
*just wanta have fun*

stonener

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down