Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Shohin stand

3 posters

Go down

New Shohin stand Empty New Shohin stand

Post  dick benbow Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:15 pm

At our last show, I watched people haul in cumbersome stands to display their shohin with. I had two sense...first I wanted to get one and second i wanted one that stored and transpoted flat. So I chatted with my stand maker and waited while he did his thing. The stand arrived on a friday when i was on the road to judge a Koi show. Sunday when i returned I was too exhausted to open. But monday morning I woke up at 5 am and hurried down to my library, anxious to see the work.
Made of peruvian walnut, it really was beautiful. I was a bit overwhelmed with his instructions on how to piece together, but after quietly awaiting the awakening of my bride of 42 years (opposites attract) she was able to construct it and instruct me in a matter of moments.
When i opened the box I found 4 slabs of wood, 3 different sizes of screws that were tightened by allen wrench
and a handful of different length dowells.
The first two pieces slid together and then the dowell rods were linked to the other pieces. Pieced together and laid of it's size the screws held everything together. ( that's about as technical as i get for explainations )
I didn't have a proper place to display it properly nor trees in a state of completion to use, but if you forgive me for that and just get a sense of how nice everything looks ( or can look when things are ready) I'll also post a few shots with eventual candidates. SmileNew Shohin stand Img_2433New Shohin stand Img_2434New Shohin stand Img_2435New Shohin stand Img_2436
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

New Shohin stand Empty Re: New Shohin stand

Post  dick benbow Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:18 pm

New Shohin stand Img_2437New Shohin stand Img_2438
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Cooper Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:58 pm

Very impressive Dick.
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:16 pm

Very nice stand and easy to store and transport also.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down