Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible Forum Changes Consultation Part 2

+10
marcus watts
Mike Jones
my nellie
coh
Billy M. Rhodes
ang3lfir3
Marco Giai-Coletti
Poink88
Tom Simonyi
fiona
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Possible Forum Changes Consultation Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Possible Forum Changes Consultation Part 2

Post  fiona Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:19 am

Thanks for your comments, Dave.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Possible Forum Changes Consultation Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Possible Forum Changes Consultation Part 2

Post  Sakaki Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:51 pm

I am not sure if I, as a new member of your forum, have right to say something about this issue!? Smile
If yes; I support and welcome all works and efforts which help to:
- speed up and ease the forum traffic,
- ensure better guidance for new members or beginners,
- ensure more refined topics for all members,
- ease the pains and efforts of forum admins,
- find easily what we are looking for.
...that are supported by majority of members I think.

Secondly - regarding passive members; I think that the passive members, bonsai beginners or new members should be encouraged more to post their trees or their comments, etc.
For example, I still feel myself a stranger here and hesitating to post all my plants/trees Smile ...because although I posted a few of my trees (4), only 2 members have commented on them. Also, only 2-3 members said me "Welcome!" Smile
So, I might think that people does not like to see me or my works here Smile

Thanks for your kind efforts...
Taner Tuncer
Sakaki
Sakaki

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:41 pm

Taner, thanks for sharing your observations. A fresh opinion from a newcomer can provide valuable insight from a new perspective.
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:13 pm

I echo John's comments. SOmetimes the fresh eyes see what we're all too close to.

Many thanks.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:58 am

Sakaki wrote: ... ...because although I posted a few of my trees (4), only 2 members have commented on them. Also, only 2-3 members said me "Welcome!" Smile
So, I might think that people does not like to see me or my works here Smile ... ...
Hi, Taner!
I know exactly what you mean... BUT I have come to the conclusion that we must take into consideration the difference of tamperament between different nations. I mean that us being Mediterraneans consequently we are more "sentimental" or "emotional" and we would like to be addressed with this warmth that you refer to. At the same time other northern Europeans and Americans perhaps are closer to being "pragmatic" and "realists" and probably they decide not to post any comment if they have nothing notable to say.... We Mediterraneans talk a lot much than others, too! Very Happy In my absolutely personal opinion as always.
So, keep on posting and you will soon see that almost all people here are of a friendly disposition.

PS: I do apologise for this off topic post but I thought I should make this distinction for Taner, as I have at first on IBC felt his way...
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakaki Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:17 am

Hahahaha Smile
Alexandra, I totally agree with you!
If this forum would have a voice-communication system instead of posts, they would probably kick us out due to speaking too much Very Happy
In Turkey, we sometimes spend 7-8 hours with friends or family members around a dinner table! It is hard to believe for some other nations Very Happy
Nevertheless, I did not mean personal in my previous post! I have many friends from different countries, and I know (less or more) about their characteristics.
In my post, I tried to emphatize with! I meant that some members can feel in this way! Nothing more, dont worry! Smile
I am already getting warmer, LOL.

Thank you for giving me this opportunity to clarify what I meant in my previous post.
Taner Tuncer
Sakaki
Sakaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2