Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EUREKA (I found it), but need HELP..

3 posters

Go down

EUREKA (I found it), but need HELP.. Empty EUREKA (I found it), but need HELP..

Post  Ferdie * Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:09 am

Dear IBC,

Previously, i posted and introduced this ficus...wondering and looking for a nice and suited rock, i guess Rolling Eyes for a new homestead, well, i just found it...but i need your HELP/SUGGESTIONs on how/where will i goin to place this stuff in this rock...

Here is the stuff in different view/angle of it..and i made some preparations, for transfer..

EUREKA (I found it), but need HELP.. Dsc02811
EUREKA (I found it), but need HELP.. Dsc03316
EUREKA (I found it), but need HELP.. Dsc03317
EUREKA (I found it), but need HELP.. Dsc03318

Now, here is the new found rock..i made some alterations and place it in a stand..

EUREKA (I found it), but need HELP.. Dsc03319
EUREKA (I found it), but need HELP.. Dsc03320
EUREKA (I found it), but need HELP.. Dsc03321

..side by side..
EUREKA (I found it), but need HELP.. Dsc03326EUREKA (I found it), but need HELP.. Dsc03327EUREKA (I found it), but need HELP.. Dsc03328EUREKA (I found it), but need HELP.. Dsc03329

Ferdz

Last edited by Ferdie * on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : For better viewing)
Ferdie *
Ferdie *

Back to top Go down

EUREKA (I found it), but need HELP.. Empty Re: EUREKA (I found it), but need HELP..

Post  Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:29 am

Hi Ferdz.

If you'd asked me I'll mount it on the right side in the protruding part of the rock with the tree tilted a bit and developed it into a semicascade or full cascade tree.

Can't see the tree and rock proportion though in relation to each other, I think it would be wise to put the tree and new rock side by side in just one picture.

Or if your decision is final on remounting the tree on the new rock, you can remove it in the adobe and tie it on the new rock in different positions and places on the rock and take photo of each position. then it will be easier to have a visual reference.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

EUREKA (I found it), but need HELP.. Empty Re: EUREKA (I found it), but need HELP..

Post  Ferdie * Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:56 am

jun wrote:Hi Ferdz.

If you'd asked me I'll mount it on the right side in the protruding part of the rock with the tree tilted a bit and developed it into a semicascade or full cascade tree.

Can't see the tree and rock proportion though in relation to each other, I think it would be wise to put the tree and new rock side by side in just one picture.

Or if your decision is final on remounting the tree on the new rock, you can remove it in the adobe and tie it on the new rock in different positions and places on the rock and take photo of each position. then it will be easier to have a visual reference.

regards,
jun Smile
Good day Bro, here it is, side by side of the trees and the rock..

EUREKA (I found it), but need HELP.. Dsc03326EUREKA (I found it), but need HELP.. Dsc03327EUREKA (I found it), but need HELP.. Dsc03328EUREKA (I found it), but need HELP.. Dsc03329
Ferdie *
Ferdie *

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:11 pm

[quote="Ferdie *"]

I think Jun meant together in the same photo. There is no sure way to know the exact relative scale in the separate photos of tree and rock.

I have a question, though. Is a Ficus of this type "appropriate" for an on-the-rock planting? Do you find them that way naturally in the Philippines?
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:27 pm

[quote="JimLewis"]
Ferdie * wrote:

I think Jun meant together in the same photo. There is no sure way to know the exact relative scale in the separate photos of tree and rock.

I have a question, though. Is a Ficus of this type "appropriate" for an on-the-rock planting? Do you find them that way naturally in the Philippines?

Jim is right Ferdz,
that's what I meant as together, in the same photo.
So that people can provide you with some help if you needed some suggestions.

regards,
jun Smile

Hi Jim,

The ficus and rock combination were done closer to penjing approach. Some ficus here grows in some cliffs. it is not really a root over rock or planted on rock approach if you would compare it with the Western style like some maples over a rock we commonly see in the in the region.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferdie * Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:32 am

[quote="JimLewis"]
Ferdie * wrote:

Thanks Jim for the clarification, il try to detach this ficus from this rock right away and temporarily clamp this in every side of the new found rock..as regards to your query, well, Jun already answered that, but let me add this, its because of the normal thing for the ficus root to grow large or protruding, that makes it more aesthetic when you found it cliff hang with the protruding root embracing the rock, just like the other ficus of mine... Very Happy cyclops
Ferdie *
Ferdie *

Back to top Go down

Post  Bonzy Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:56 am

Hi ferdz,

thats a good ficus tree you have there, and a rock too, im very much excited to see the outcome of that, dont make us wait longer, ok..

Bonzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down