Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln

+24
GaryWood
planetabarro
DWThomas
Tom
boix
Jesse
Klaudia & Martin
Dale Cochoy
Heike_vG
Kev Bailey
eric sanders
Bob Bailey
Mark Cooper
chris
Paul B (Scotland)
peter krebs
Gwyther
bonsai monkey
pjkatich
Rob Addonizio
Mike Jones
landerloos
John Brocklehurst
Stone Monkey
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Empty Re: From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln

Post  John Brocklehurst Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:00 pm

Lovely work Andy,
Hope the porcelain painted one is still for sale when I arrive.

See you at the weekend bud

John

John Brocklehurst

Back to top Go down

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Empty Re: From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln

Post  Stone Monkey Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:48 am

Paul

Many thanks. I have worked with porcelain in the past it never got on with it. I have found a new porcelain body and it throws very nicely.

Tom

Thanks for the support

John

Thanks buddy, see you this afternoon, got a long drive ahead of me this morning with Simon and Les for company.

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  peter krebs Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:39 pm

Hi Andy,.
finest work, the yellow Bowl is extremely beautiful. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Best wishes
Peter
peter krebs
peter krebs

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsai monkey Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:36 am

Andy,
You know my thoughts on your pots mate but I must say a big "thank you" for supplying such a fantastic Lonicera pot for me and I'm glad the tree did it justice. It was great to see so many of your pots in Show mate - Top Job!!!

Ook, Ook,
Simon
bonsai monkey
bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Addonizio Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:16 am

Lovely pots Andy!

That porcelain does look yummy. I love the way it brings out the color. I would love to try porcelain again, but I have enough on the plate lately....

BTW, I like the underglazes that you are using. Its hard to tell you aren't firing in reduction anymore.

Take care,
Rob

Rob Addonizio
Rob Addonizio

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:29 pm

Peter

Thanks so much for your support and comments it means so very much. I love this yellow glaze too Very Happy

Simon

Your welcome with the pot for your tree, they work so well together mate, thanks for your friendship and support

Rob

Thanks for the kind comments my friend. The porcelain is a little tricky to get used to but when your on a role in a throwing session you get used to the way the clay performs. I know what you means about the reduction, I thought there would be more of a difference, I am glad the change has not been too drastic.

Regards to you all

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Empty Meet Charlie

Post  Stone Monkey Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:51 am

My anniversary present from my good lady Marie who has spent 20+years sculpting and makes her living from it. Need less to say I am over the moon with him and he will be going to shows with me from now on and handing out my business cards

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Dsc02510

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Dsc02511

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Dsc02512

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Dsc02513

Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Heike_vG Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Hello Andy,

what a lovely present! I'm sure this monkey will bring you good luck and it will receive attention at the shows. Very Happy

Heike
Heike_vG
Heike_vG

Back to top Go down

Post  peter krebs Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:34 am

Hi Andy,

Yes, the monkey is very original.
This really is an attraction, and will bring you good luck. king

Best wishes
Peter
peter krebs
peter krebs

Back to top Go down

Post  John Brocklehurst Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi Andy, how very thoughtful of your good lady, she's obviously very talented....(and lucky to have a fella like you...we know)
Sorry but I need to ask....is that a banana he's holding ? Shocked

Cheers

John

John Brocklehurst

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:36 am

Heike, Peter

Thank you I am sure he will bring me good luck Very Happy I hope you are both well

John

Hmmmm Shocked I see where your coming from matey, but no its a coil of clay as he is making a pot. I am sure it may court some controversy Very Happy

Hope your well mate

Regards to all

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Gwyther Tue May 01, 2012 11:31 am

Hi Andy

The Monkey is very cool !!! your wife is very talented, how can i see more of her work does she have a web site ?

Cheers
Vic
Gwyther
Gwyther

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Tue May 01, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi Vic

Yes she is way more talented than me. You can see some of here work here http://www.marieprett.co.uk/category/4.html

Here is a sample of what my good lady does

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Dsc01110

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Heike_vG Thu May 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Hello Andy,

I love Marie's sculptures! I love you She is a real artist and one who makes beautiful pieces of art. The name of her gallery fits very well, my soul starts to sing when I see her animals and other creatures. cat alien

Heike
Heike_vG
Heike_vG

Back to top Go down

Post  Gwyther Wed May 09, 2012 12:34 pm

Hi Andy

Yes she is talented, her work is very imaginative !!

Cheers
Vic
Gwyther
Gwyther

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Fri May 11, 2012 10:44 pm

Heike and Vic

Marie is blushing and she says thank you very much. Seriously she said thank you for your wonderful comments. She has a talent and ability that I admire so so much

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  DWThomas Sat May 12, 2012 3:17 pm

Wow -- that is some wonderfully creative stuff; definitely not the "utilitarian" side of the clay arts!

DaveT
DWThomas
DWThomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Fri May 18, 2012 5:29 am

Dave

Thants what I love about clay, so many choices what to make and you can be as creative as you like

Thanks for your kind comments

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Empty Fresh from the Kiln

Post  Stone Monkey Fri May 18, 2012 5:38 am

These pots came out of the kiln on Tuesday eve when I had the pleasure of Tony Tickle round my house at the end of his European Tour, if you have been following it on his website. All these pots have been made for the Celebrating Kent Bonsai Show next Sunday on the 27th May in Lenham, Kent.

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Dsc02514

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Dsc02515

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Dsc02516

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Dsc02517

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Dsc02518

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Dsc02519

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Dsc02610

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Dsc02611

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Dsc02612

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Dsc02613

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Dsc02614

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Dsc02520

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Dsc02615

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Dsc02616

Many thanks for looking

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Klaudia & Martin Fri May 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Wonderfull pots Andy ..... the gas really pays off!

Kind regards
Martin
Klaudia & Martin
Klaudia & Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Addonizio Sun May 20, 2012 12:57 pm

These are great Andy....

I am in love with those blue drips... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Do I understand that you are back to using a gas kiln again?

Thanks for posting!
Rob
Rob Addonizio
Rob Addonizio

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Sun May 20, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi Martin

Thanks for the kind comments. Still not using gas though all pot have been fired in an electric kiln.

Hi Rob

Yes the blue drips came out really really well. Very loathe to part with this pot and it may be a keeper yet
No gas, I am still cooking on electric and in a happy place with the kiln and glazes at the moment. I did a few glaze experiments on the last firing and there is one glaze that came out fantastic. I have named it "mint" and will post pictures when I fire the first bonsai pots in it as it is only on a test pot at the moment

Regards to you both

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Empty Sorry its been a while

Post  Stone Monkey Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi All

Well it has been a while. I have been away and busy with so much stuff in my life both ceramic based and not. Last week I fired the kiln and here is one of pots that came from that firing, more to follow. My creative juices are flowing and safe to say there is a box being made for a certain pot but more to follow on that in another thread a little closer to the time. Safe to say that I am having a slight change of plan, but a plan for the better as it were.

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Dsc03411

Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:50 pm

From the NEW Stone Monkey Kiln - Page 3 Dsc03412
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  planetabarro Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:40 pm

maravillosas las macetas... increibles los personajes de circo de Marie

wonderful pots ... incredibles MarieĀ“s circus characters

planetabarro
planetabarro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next