Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our collaborative display at the Bonsai South West show held in Exmouth, UK

+4
DangerousBry
fiona
dorothy7774
Mark Cooper
8 posters

Go down

Our collaborative display at the Bonsai South West show held in Exmouth, UK  Empty Our collaborative display at the Bonsai South West show held in Exmouth, UK

Post  Mark Cooper Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Firstly, here’s a little background to our collaborative exhibit that we created for the Bonsai South West Show 2011 to which we were invited to exhibit recently here in the UK.

We were allocated six 1.8m wide tables (2 lots of 3 tables, back-to-back) to utilise as we saw fit. I should explain at this juncture that the “we” I refer to are five bonsai friends, three of whom (Bob, Terry and Paul) are from the Swindon Bonsai Society and then there’s me and my “better half” Ritta who are members of the Artistic Bonsai Circle (ABC) from South Wales.
For the last couple of years at this event we have pooled our resources to create a relatively large exhibit which we hope others will enjoy. We arrange the display according to what we think looks best irrespective of club boundaries or having a “Swindon side" or an “ABC side” to the display, so it’s a real team effort and aimed at providing enjoyment for the visitors.

Our exhibit consisted of some Shohin and Mame as well as a couple of larger trees all formally displayed as you will see.

So here are some photos of the joint display that we created, and placed in the order of as if the viewer was walking anti-clockwise around the display.

Paul's first ever shohin display -

Our collaborative display at the Bonsai South West show held in Exmouth, UK  Pauls_10

Our cork bark Chinese Elm grown from a cutting about 40 years ago. Dan Barton pot.

Our collaborative display at the Bonsai South West show held in Exmouth, UK  Our_ch10

Terry's Pomegranate grown by himself from collected seed

Our collaborative display at the Bonsai South West show held in Exmouth, UK  Pomegr10

Bob's Mame display

Our collaborative display at the Bonsai South West show held in Exmouth, UK  Mame_i10

Bob's 2 tree Mame display

Our collaborative display at the Bonsai South West show held in Exmouth, UK  Bobs_210

Our 4 tree shohin display (Potentilla, White pine / Chinese Elm/ Pyracantha)

Our collaborative display at the Bonsai South West show held in Exmouth, UK  Shohin11

Our 2 tree shohin display (Red pine and Zelkova)

Our collaborative display at the Bonsai South West show held in Exmouth, UK  2_tree10

You can see some closer shots of the accent plants used in our display here https://ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/t6930-some-of-our-accent-plants-we-used-in-our-displays-at-the-bonsai-south-west-exhibition

Mark & Ritta

Last edited by Mark Cooper on Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional photo)
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Our collaborative display at the Bonsai South West show held in Exmouth, UK  Empty Re: Our collaborative display at the Bonsai South West show held in Exmouth, UK

Post  dorothy7774 Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:46 am

Great trees and very nice displays! I love the Kusamono. Thank you for posting.

-dorothy
dorothy7774
dorothy7774

Back to top Go down

Our collaborative display at the Bonsai South West show held in Exmouth, UK  Empty Re: Our collaborative display at the Bonsai South West show held in Exmouth, UK

Post  fiona Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:42 am

Quite delightful.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  DangerousBry Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:39 am

Lovely display... I like the little cascade pine.

Hope the display was a success!!

Any closeups of the trees?

Thanks
Bryan
DangerousBry
DangerousBry

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:24 pm

Hi Mark

Beautiful presentation and great trees. Joy for the eyes. Congratulations. ThumbsUp

Gretings Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Young Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:18 pm

Beautiful Mark, I love that Cork Bark Elm ThumbsUp
Ian Young
Ian Young

Back to top Go down

Our collaborative display at the Bonsai South West show held in Exmouth, UK  Empty Our collaborative display at the South West show held in Exmouth UK.

Post  JR Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:08 am

Enjoyed your display at the show and now enjoyed your photo's. thanks..
JR
JR

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:56 pm

great to meet you both at the show - i applaud the attention to detail you give to the very small trees, big trees are certainly miles easier !! Wink.

see you at your Cornish bonsai soc. talk later in the year

Marcus & Mandy

marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Always great to see the Cooper's and Cap'n Bob's displays. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down