Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there anything I can do with this Ficus??

2 posters

Go down

Is there anything I can do with this Ficus?? Empty Is there anything I can do with this Ficus??

Post  Ryan Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:18 pm

Hey all,

This tree is a cutting from the top of a tall benjamina I cut back not too long ago. It is quite unattractive and I have no clue what to do with it. So, should I cut it back to the closest branch on each "trunk" and turn it into a raft? Or do something completely different? Or trash it all together? You tell me. Btw, it is, in fact, one tree. It is connected under the soil.

Is there anything I can do with this Ficus?? 001-86
Is there anything I can do with this Ficus?? 002-88
Is there anything I can do with this Ficus?? 003-82
Is there anything I can do with this Ficus?? 004-70
Is there anything I can do with this Ficus?? 005-58

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Is there anything I can do with this Ficus?? Empty IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO WITH THIS FICUS??

Post  bonsaisr Sun May 01, 2011 7:42 pm

I think you have your answer. Not every tree can be used for bonsai, even a normally bonsai-friendly species. Divide it into two parts, straighten them out, trim the branches, put them in nice flowerpots, and give them as house gifts. Make bonsai out of plants that are worth the trouble.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Is there anything I can do with this Ficus?? Empty Re: Is there anything I can do with this Ficus??

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 1:51 am

I agree with Iris you must choose your battles in Bonsai, because they last for years.

Back to top Go down

Is there anything I can do with this Ficus?? Empty Re: Is there anything I can do with this Ficus??

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down