Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

preparing for first time exhibit

+22
kauaibonsai
dexworks
Albert Ward
stavros
ogie
sunip
fiona
Jonny D
stephen clarke
Pavel Slovák
moyogijohn
rexman
Ravi Kiran
Billy M. Rhodes
Mohan
my nellie
Rob Kempinski
Khaimraj Seepersad
JimLewis
Todd Ellis
Ka Pabling
pongsatorn.k
26 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 4 Empty Re: preparing for first time exhibit

Post  Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:23 pm

Thanks Alex!
I'll see you there!

...and thanks a lot for the advice.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 4 Empty Re: preparing for first time exhibit

Post  Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:20 pm

Hello Jun. Busy, busy Bee. Great work and best of luck with the show.

Back to top Go down

Post  stavros Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:41 pm

Good luck with the show..
Lovely trees!!

stavros

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:54 pm

Jun, your displays are really looking good.

The trees show good development and emotion.
The stand with the carved legs is very nice. Good to see you are multitalented. Very Happy
Did you do the welding on the cascade stand too?

I'm deep in sawbust myself as I am conducting a stand making workshop for the BCI/ABS convention in Louisville, KY in June.
I'll be bringing kits and the workshop attendees will finish off the kits under my guidance. They will make
nice stands. Attendees will need little to no wood working experience for the workshop.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 4 Empty preparing for first exbit

Post  moyogijohn Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:44 pm

JUN,,You have done a great job!! all the trees look very nice now so you are ready... when you finish showing,,,I want the ELM !!! but the ones you have made with the wire,,i think i could keep those alive..good work take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:00 am

Thanks Will.

busy, busy bee, rush, rush!
...Can't rush the trees, but with my heavy and light construction tools around I can rush the tables and stands.

regards,
jun Smile

Stavros,

Thanks!

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:12 am

Hi Rob.

Thanks!

I'm trying to learn more, on carpentry, masonry, and welding...I got lot of teachers, the good people working for the construction company,,,in this case they are my boss. Sad

regards,
jun Smile

Hi John.

I think the elm wont make it in the show...looks sickly now. We are entering a very hot summer this year which came late, it's having difficulty adjusting from the cold (for us) to sudden rise of temperature, That's the problem with the non-endemic species. I'm planning to put it back under a net shade.

regards,
jun

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Ward Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:35 am

looks like you have a nice line up going jun. Iam really loving the idea of the trees made from scrap wire. I've been trying to think of something like that myself. Good luck with your show!

Albert Ward

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:20 am

Thanks Albert.

I think it can also be used to create a 3D projected image of the tree for yamadori. like that of a 3D model of building for before construction, it's better than 2D virts because you can create even the interior branch...less the leaves ofcourse.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mohan Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:28 am

Hi Jun,
Man, you are talented! Exclamation ! Thought you were an ardent and highly skilled bonsaist, with many mature and artistically designed bonsai in your ‘backyard’. Then you present some of these beauties on matching and highly functional slabs made by you – a Mason! And now, you show us perfect, ‘tailor-made’ bonsai tables for your exhibits and accent ‘plants’ aesthetically crafted from scraps of wires, again by you – a Carpenter and .....Craftsman! Wow Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

With this kind of talent, it is surprising to see you so apprehensive about your First bonsai exhibition Exclamation Maybe, you are a perfectionist, but then in life there is always scope for improvement! That is how one evolves!
So don’t worry, Just Do It. ThumbsUp

Wishing you all the luck (one wonders if you need them) in the world, thumbs up
Mohan.

Mohan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:20 am

Mohan,

Thankssssssssssssss!

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

...I am just applying what I learned in my field of work. Design, Planning, masonry, steel works, carpentry, and painting works are my livelihood.
...plus lot of help from IBC people like you.

regards,
jun Smile

Last edited by jun on Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:47 am

Some more tables...

for my more classical designed casuarina
80cmx 50cm
preparing for first time exhibit - Page 4 Dsc_1237

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 4 Dsc_1238

for my literati Phempis acidula
I want to achieve low but light looking table that seems to float...elegant yet simple, I hope I got it right. hehehe.
foot is wrought iron

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 4 Dsc_1239

few more polishing works
preparing for first time exhibit - Page 4 Dsc_1240

for my cascade tree

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 4 Dsc_1241

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 4 Dsc_1242

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 4 Dsc_1243

me for scale...where is that guy that wants to see me smiling? this shot is for you LLB.hehehe!

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 4 Dsc_1244

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  dexworks Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:06 pm

Hi Jun,

I'm a new member, great stuff you have there! I like the casuarina, since I still don't have one... Hope to see you and your trees in the exhibitions... ope you'll stain the stands with a dark and rich color...

Regards,

Derick
dexworks
dexworks

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:41 pm

hi Derick and welcome to IBC!

Salamat pre! (Thanks Bro!)

...you'll surely see some of my trees. I hope to meet you too.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:58 pm

Hello Jun. Almost a smile in the last photo. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  rexman Sun May 01, 2011 12:24 am

hi jun, am not sure if i lost the info along this thread but where and when is the exhibit? who's organizing?

hope to see you there and the rest of the local IBC people.
rexman
rexman

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 01, 2011 12:35 am

Hi Rex.

It's PBSI. May 5th to 30th, at the SM north sky garden, manila exhibitors will display on the first half of the duration then the other half would be exhibitors from the provincial chapters.
Ka Pabling would also be showing lot of trees.

So I hope to see you guys there too.

regards,
jun
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  kauaibonsai Sun May 01, 2011 1:42 am

good luck jun

best wishes, sam

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 04, 2011 6:05 am

Thank you Sam!

Today is our ingress.

I'm sure other IBC filipinos will post photos soon.
As Jim and others had advice in the beginning of this thread- "try to send few show worthy trees"....and I will...I'm trying to send a dozen trees before but I think I'll be modest and will be sharing only 8 trees.

Good luck to all of us.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Wed May 04, 2011 9:07 am

Best of luck with the show, Jun. Keep us posted.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  dexworks Wed May 04, 2011 10:04 am

goodluck bro... see you and your trees there!
dexworks
dexworks

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 04, 2011 10:21 am

Best of luck Jun. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 4 Empty DISASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Guest Thu May 05, 2011 8:02 am

I am beginning to regret that I joined this show!

This is the slab (on the far left) ready to go. proud and graceful...

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 4 Dsc_1258
the two casuarina DANCING by the wind...trunks and branches moving towards a single direction....
preparing for first time exhibit - Page 4 Dsc_1259

I left the venue at around 1:30AM after I was sure that the trees and the two slab composition were safe and secured.

Then I returned early in the morning to check on my beloved trees.

What greeted me was a freakin disaster! my slab were not MY COMPOSITION ANYMORE!!!!
Somebody tried to move my casuarinas in the slab and it fell more than a meter high to the ground, trees uprooted! branches broken! slab broken! ground cover in dis array! the two trees are not graceful anymore!!! because some body tried to replant the whole thing

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 4 Dsc_1260

THE TRUNK MOVEMENT is not coherent anymore! too close together and the left side trunk is not following the left side trunk.
Who ever tried to replant my trees DO NOT EVEN KNOW what negative space is.

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 4 Dsc_1261

Ground cover looks like a bunch of vagetables!

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 4 Dsc_1262

see how close the trunks are now!

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 4 Dsc_1263

a piece of the broken slab, they missed to hide. the white portion of the slab was the inner part of the slab...almost 70% of the front portion of the slab were chipped off!

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 4 Dsc_1264

broken branches all over!

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 4 Dsc_1265

I think this is where my slab and poor trees fell!
sand and gravel still visible!
preparing for first time exhibit - Page 4 Dsc_1266

Up to now nobody from anywhere informed me of the disaster or sabotage that took place and nobody is taking responsibility! forget the award or the judging,,,this is not my composition anymore....So for those Filipinos reading this and will see the slab and casuarina, this is also my disclaimer-IT IS NOT MY COMPOSITION ANYMORE.

...THE SADDEST THING is that I am not sure anymore if the two trees will survive because I tied some major roots as anchor to the slab to be removed in the right time soon,,, I am pretty sure most of the roots were cut off from the trees. all the hard work and the precious trees probably gone...because of this show, in exchange for what? a few chitchats and a few pats on the shoulder!

for the veterans of the exhibits of this forum I got this question- WHO WOULD TAKE THE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE EVENT LIKE THIS?

regards,
jun

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  dexworks Thu May 05, 2011 8:28 am

Jun,

That's really bad news bro, ope the person behind this incident would be man enough to admit his mistake...

regards,

Derick
dexworks
dexworks

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 05, 2011 9:39 am

Why was the tree moved Jun. For watering during the show? The show organisers should take responsibility for the damage. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next