Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BURRS 2010

+20
Storm
Nik Rozman
Bob Brunt
landerloos
Morea
Kev Bailey
Pavel Slovák
graham walker
Paul B (Scotland)
Rob Kempinski
Antonio Gesualdi
bonsai monkey
BLM
littleart-fx
Jeremy
Stone Monkey
Hans van Meer.
F. Waheedy
Harleyrider
chris
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

BURRS 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: BURRS 2010

Post  Harleyrider Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:41 pm

Worth a fortune on ebay

Probably, but I may just hang on to it until he's gone to the great compost heap in the sky. It'll be worth double then! Wink
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:53 pm

Start being nice people or you will be "black balled"

The dinner table on Saturday evening... Before Simon's gayful dancing

BURRS 2010 - Page 2 Dinner10

The Main workshop room... is that Stone Monkey with a sweeping brush I see before me?

BURRS 2010 - Page 2 The-wo10

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Tony wrote:Sorry Andy but here is a better photo of all those that attended... includes YOU! All 31 one of us!

BURRS 2010 - Page 2 The-at10

Looks like a content group but seriously you need to trade some of those Y chromosomes for X's
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

BURRS 2010 - Page 2 Empty BURRS 2010

Post  Guest Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:31 am

Another crucial weekend missed I out on. Some excellent work by the looks of it. I'm lovin the Larch, Lee's Blackthorn but in particular, the little semi cascade Yew. Maybe next year eh?

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul B (Scotland) Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:37 pm

This year was my first experience of Burrs and I'd highly recommend it to anyone in the future.

It was great to meet fellow IBCers - I think there were 19 of us in total. It was a pleasure to meet for the first time all the Dragon Boys, John Pitt, Breakfast Bob, Devon Roy, Morea and her son (Weejk ?), Graham Walker (thanks for the wiring help), Faisel, Lee Kennedy (I will NEVER make a cup of tea again without thinking about the laugh we had about teabags - Matt and Simon will know what I'm talking about, it's certainly not for posting here!)

A big thanks to Stone Monkey for some pot advice and joining me in the delights of Malt whisky. Fiona - you were sadly missed, Andy brought along a bottle of Laphroig and I had a bottle of Bowmore, all we needed was you and a bottle of Ardbeg to make a fine trio.

Big thanks also to Peter Landerloos for advice on azaleas. You have a great sense of humour and made me laugh many times over the weekend.

It was also great to meet up with Steve, Matt and Simon again, it seemed like such a long time since we first met at Willowbog. Simon - you have a way with words like no other Suspect , thanks for the advice on my wee Juniper.

Hi to my fellow Scots - Peter, Martin and Peter. Hope to meet you all again in the near future and maybe I'll come along on one of your club collecting trips? I'll keep an eye on the SBA newletter to see if you manage to arrange something.

Extra special thanks to Terry Foster for taking the time to work on my trees. Terry gave me a great lesson in basic wiring (I've never been shown before) and done the initial styling of a Pine for me. Thanks once again for your time and patience.

Extra, extra special thanks to Carolyn for the fantastic food over the weekend.

Pavel and Mario - what can I say? It was an honour and priviledge to meet you both and to see you working on trees.

And last but certainly not least thanks to Tony for hosting a great event, working on my Larch with me and the gift from your garden.

Hopefully see you all again next year.

Paul

Paul B (Scotland)
Paul B (Scotland)

Back to top Go down

Post  graham walker Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:19 pm

Once again another great weekend, I have just about caught up on my sleep.
It was good to meet the new people and renew friendships from earlier years
Pavel and Mario worked very hard all weekend, even Lee did a bit of styling!!!

Thanks to everyone for a great weekend(especially Carolyn for the food)

See you all next year
Graham

graham walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:45 pm

Hi all

Burrs event was amazing. I appreciate the fact that I could be there with you. I met a lot of wonderful people and thank you all for your very nice meeting. ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

Pavel

I will send photo later Very Happy Wink
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  chris Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:24 pm

Hi Pavel,
It was great to meet and work with you I hope it will not be the last time.
Your perception of the material was brilliant.

Regards Chris
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

BURRS 2010 - Page 2 Empty What makes Burrs so special

Post  Guest Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:28 pm

Thanks for all you fine words guys, the reason I started Burrs workshops was so that I could bring the best bonsai Artists I knew to my place and share the experience. Over the years we have had the fabulous Hans Van Meer, Kevin Willson, John Armitage, Enrico Savini, Ivo Saporiti, and this weekend Pavel and the Amazing Mario...and throughout all the years my right hand guy Terry Foster... who is without doubt the one of the UK's finest bonsai artists... a guy who is so humble its painful thumbs up

I have had time with Pavel both in my home and his and all here on IBC know of his warmth and skill so I do not need to big him up... the guys a hero!

However I do want to extol the virtues of Mario Komsta and this is an unashamed Plug for a truly amazing bonsai artist, a guy who is absolutely at the top of his game, a guy with NO EGO whatsoever! AND I know those bonsai egos... and they are not fit to wash this guys pots.

The feedback from hard core Regulars at Burrs included: "F**king Amazing, I have learned more this weekend than at any other workshop I have attended, Mario really knows his stuff" "I love the way that he (Mario) places the health of the tree above all else" These comments came thick and fast all weekend.

The event would not happen if the attendees did not come, bring great trees and share, have fun... thank you all.

Burrs is happening again next year 4/5/6 November 2001, the artists are NOT YET announced but attendees have told me who they would like... watch this space.

Back to top Go down

BURRS 2010 - Page 2 Empty Kuba's First Guinness

Post  Guest Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:35 pm

I really enjoy entertaining visitors to the North Of England and Burrs, Both Pavel and Mario wanted to experience the great British Pub... here is Kuba's (Pavels Eldest son and translator) first ever Guinness

The Highlight for Kuba was getting to the Manchester United Game with Morea's Son on Saturday... I am glad I could organise that... Lee told them to take a pillow as it would be boring... what does he know...he's a Liverpool supporter.

Last edited by Tony on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:36 pm

I'm so sorry and sad that I couldn't be there this year. I have missed a classic opportunity. Ah well, sometimes home and family have to come first, I suppose..

I'm saving for next year though!
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:00 pm

You were missed Kev, believe me.

I'm also saving for next year. I've got 27p, an unfamiliar button and a couple of zloty from the brew machine at work Mad
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Morea Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:09 pm

Hello Dear Burrsboys and other members

My son and me are still in England , tomorrow morning we fly home.
In a hotel now with 20 min. internet connection and took a quick look at the pictures.

First i want to thank You all so much for the wonderful weekend for my son and me .
It was so great and my wiring and knowledge of Manchester united playes is so much improved Very Happy
When i get home i;ll post more and pictures.
Have to stop now
kind regards
Morea

hello all the people i met at burrs .
i had a great time with all of you and i realy thank you all for the fun and happyness. =]
i hope i can come nexst year again with my mom =].
Peace.
PS: my name is wiek Very Happy and not weeeyk =P (the son of morea)

BYE<BYE < until soon

Morea
Morea

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:49 am

Heres some vids from Burrs.
Mario Komsta, Tony T garden and Pavel demonstrating on a real nice pine.

landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:19 am

Last on an overview of the workshop.
Thank you Tony and lovely wife, and all the other participants to turn it in to a wonderfull yet tiering experience.

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

BURRS 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re : BURRS 2010

Post  Bob Brunt Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:19 pm

A Fantastic weekend. I can honestly say I learnt so much. I am in trouble though. The wife saw the pictures of me in the Kitchen.. Life will never be the same again.
Thanks to all for their friendship and knowledge...Hope to see you all at Various shows next year..
. thumbs up
Bob Brunt
Bob Brunt

Back to top Go down

Post  chris Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Well Bob sorry to say it dosen't get any better, is this you doing the washing up!
BURRS 2010 - Page 2 Dsc05128

Regards Chris
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Rozman Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:12 pm

Tkanks to all of you for a bunch of great photos. Seems like you had a good time. Too bad I couldn't make it.
Nik Rozman
Nik Rozman

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:37 pm

Next year, I really hope I get there too. Gotta start saving up for it.
Just have to hope I understand what you say over there! Hehe.
Sounds like you all had a great time.
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:10 pm

Hi all friends.

Photos shot by my son Jacob. View and download here.

http://www.bonsaivigi.cz/fotoalbum/nezarazene/burrs-2010---co-vyfotil-jakub

Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:26 pm

Excellent pictures Jacob. You managed to get the ones I missed. Is it ok for me to add these to my own Burrs album?
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:21 pm

Hi Pavel, great photos from Jakub, really captures the event... even makes me look sensible Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:01 pm

tony wrote:.. even makes me look sensible
I've always been an admirer of Photoshop!
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:57 pm

fiona wrote:

huuuum I was wondering what it would take to tease you out of your cave.. 1~0 to me thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsai monkey Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:07 pm

tony wrote:
fiona wrote:

huuuum I was wondering what it would take to tease you out of your cave.. 1~0 to me thumbs up

Mmmmmmm, cave, dark, warm & cuddly monkey
bonsai monkey
bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next