Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ficus in The cold north ( Denmark)

+34
coh
Ryan
Andre Beaurain
lennard
Dreamcast
yogesh
Leo Schordje
Ashiod
dexworks
jupp
MikeG
Sakaki
dick benbow
Hank Miller
my nellie
AdamG
moyogijohn
Ravi Kiran
gope
FrankP999
Budi Sulistyo
Chris Peters
landerloos
Peter Svetoslavov
bontailo
Rob Kempinski
Ingvar Nilsson
Jerry Meislik
Storm
Rudi_G
bonsaisr
Khaimraj Seepersad
JimLewis
ogie
38 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Ficus in The cold north ( Denmark) - Page 8 Empty Re: Ficus in The cold north ( Denmark)

Post  Dreamcast Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:29 pm

kimo wrote:just like cakes in glass counter. creative

Laughing
Dreamcast
Dreamcast

Back to top Go down

Ficus in The cold north ( Denmark) - Page 8 Empty Re: Ficus in The cold north ( Denmark)

Post  kimo Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:51 pm

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:Hi Dreamcast and Ryan

This is Photos of my setup
Ficus in The cold north ( Denmark) - Page 8 Img_9010

Ficus in The cold north ( Denmark) - Page 8 Img_9011

Ficus in The cold north ( Denmark) - Page 8 Img_9012

Even though the very hot LED's are close to the wooden windowframe, is the wood not hot at all, only the LED, so I find there is no danger of fire at all...also is the white part with the lights not hot, only the ribs behind.

The frame for the tent is a role of gardenfence I bought in " Helly Hansen"...the plastic is from a role of middlestrong coverplastic from " Hem og Fix "

Inside are the trees standing on trays, not in ....and as the humid rise during the day, is water running dawn the plasticframe, to the buttom of the tent...you will need to have the tent held up so high, that you can tap the water out of the tent into a bowl, and reuse it.

Any question please  ask.

Kind regards Yvonne

wow. all for bonsai.

kimo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamcast Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:57 pm

Am i the only one who now see Yvonne's posts as Guest? or have she left the Forum maybe... Crying or Very sad
Dreamcast
Dreamcast

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:06 pm

Dreamcast wrote:Am i the only one who now see Yvonne's posts as Guest? or have she left the Forum maybe... Crying or Very sad

I see that too, I hope she didn't leave...

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post  kimo Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:16 am

She left the forum.
Sadly, Just like many valuable members of the forum in the past.

kimo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamcast Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:15 am

Yeah, that's really to bad..
Dreamcast
Dreamcast

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:45 am

kimo wrote:She left the forum.
Sadly,  Just like many valuable members of the forum in the past.

Do you happen to know why? Any reason?

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post  kimo Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:07 am

I am sure the moderators of the forum knows why she left.
Sometimes the forum rules are applicable to "members" only. which is not fair, as all rules should be applied to all people here.

We are just guests here anyway, and maybe we have no power to complain or question anything.

kimo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamcast Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:21 am

kimo wrote:I am sure the moderators of the forum knows why she left.
Sometimes the forum rules are applicable to "members" only. which is not fair, as all rules should be applied to all people here.

We are just guests here anyway, and maybe we have no power to complain or question anything.

Well, if she was banned by moderators i would really like to know why, but i cant imagine Yvonne done something to piss anyone of, she is just to nice of a lady for that. Smile

Guess she just left and had very good reasons for doing so, believe i am not alone in saying, she will be missed.
Dreamcast
Dreamcast

Back to top Go down

Post  kimo Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:25 am

Dreamcast wrote:
kimo wrote:I am sure the moderators of the forum knows why she left.

Well, if she was banned by moderators i would really like to know why, but i cant imagine Yvonne done something to piss anyone of, she is just to nice of a lady for that. Smile

Guess she just left and had very good reasons for doing so, believe i am not alone in saying, she will be missed.

Like you said, she is a very kind person. So, it is up to you to draw the conclusion. we are FB friends.

kimo

Back to top Go down

Post  kimo Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:30 am

She was just trying to voice out a very valid inquiry that has something to do with the rules of the forum being applicable to all, that includes the moderators too.

kimo

Back to top Go down

Post  leatherback Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:38 am

Sad day for Ibonsaiclub when people like Yvonne feel that they have to leave.
leatherback
leatherback

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamcast Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:54 am

kimo wrote:She was just trying to voice out a very valid inquiry that has something to do with the rules of the forum being applicable to all, that includes the moderators too.

Not trying to be to nosy here, but is this discussion to be viewed in any forum thread? would be interesting to know more since you say it was a very valid inquiry about rules that has to do with all member on this forum.
Dreamcast
Dreamcast

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamcast Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:22 am

leatherback wrote:Sad day for Ibonsaiclub when people like Yvonne feel that they have to leave.

Indeed!
Dreamcast
Dreamcast

Back to top Go down

Post  kimo Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:31 am

Dreamcast wrote:
kimo wrote:She was just trying to voice out a very valid inquiry that has something to do with the rules of the forum being applicable to all, that includes the moderators too.

Not trying to be to nosy here, but is this discussion to be viewed in any forum thread? would be interesting to know more since you say it was a very valid inquiry about rules that has to do with all member on this forum.

most part of the discussions were deleted by the mods, in the suiseki section of the forum.

kimo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamcast Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:57 am

kimo wrote:
Dreamcast wrote:

most part of the discussions were deleted by the mods, in the suiseki section of the forum.

Must have been a rather lively discussion then.. well, hope she decide to come back one day, i will miss following all her threads, especially this one. Crying or Very sad
Dreamcast
Dreamcast

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:11 pm

The reason for Yvonne's leaving was that she refused to accept that the rule stated in our policy about using others images did not apply within the site. If it did, none of us would ever be able to offer virtual images, which have always been part and parcel of the whole IBC educational ethos. She was asked nicely by another mod and a whole stream of silly and argumentative messages resulted. As Admin, I stepped in and placed her on a one month ban. She then chose to leave, as she would not accept that she was in the wrong.

Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:36 pm

Shame that one little argument ended her involvement here. Now we'll never know how these beauties develop Sad

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:03 am

Ryan wrote:Shame that one little argument ended her involvement here... ...
I repeat.
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  kimo Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:01 am

Kev Bailey wrote:The reason for Yvonne's leaving was that she refused to accept that the rule stated in our policy about using others images did not apply within the site.  

Sirs and Ma'am,

Under "The Acceptable Use Policyis" it stated clearly as "Not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material". maybe this is what she was stating. It is not stated in this policy that "..it did not apply within the site" nor any posted images here will be automatically owned by the forum, nor, they will yield the ownership of the images. If we are very strict in implementing these guidelines, the use of images should be very clear and should include the statement "not applicable within the site." Otherwise these Acceptable policies shall be open to interpretation. An interpretation that can be favorable only to those who want to protect their arguments.
Sir, with all due respect, during the time Yvonne was stating her point, she was just strictly following the Policies that you yourself stipulated and she was not trying to read between the lines (if any). I hope that your judgement was righteous and fair and not because she was arguing with Chris Cochrane, one of your moderators.

If the rules and policies will be open to interpretations it is going to be chaotic in here and will result in more and more members to receiving reprimands or worse be banned, if they argue their case.

I've been following IBC, before I log in. and saw the Ups and Down of the forum long before I joined in. I believe Yvonne served this forum very well for a very long time, she was very cool headed in all her posts. She was never involved in any confrontation of sort with any other members of the forum, She was very helpful with other members, her character doesn't state an abusive profile. But, sometimes even the most level headed person will reach her/his breaking point.

I hope that the forum stays strong and could recover and bounce back like before. To not accept the fact that the forum now is not as strong as before is a mere denial of reality. With the exodus of precious members leaving the forum in the last couple of years, it is very unhealthy for this international forum. I think, if we could show more balanced judgement here in IBC and show to the active members that they are a bit important to this group, maybe they will start to get involve again. If they do come back, please welcome them with open arms and let them feel that their time and sharing of knowledge here is also important.

Respectfully yours,
Kimo

kimo

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:58 am

Dear Kimo, I laud your defence of Yvonne - she is blessed to have a good friend like you. However, on this occasion she, and you, are quite simply wrong.

Please think a bit longer about that policy. It is clear to us that it refers to the initial posting of an image and the need to ensure that we do not post "stolen" images on this site.

However, once an image is on IBC it is then able to be used by other members within the confines of the forum. In other words it is perfectly okay to repost an image via the Quote button to give praise as many do, or to provide an example of something that has come up in the discussion as happened in the case that caused the problem.

If this were not the case then essentially every time anyone used the QUOTE function and reposted someone else's image. This is quite clearly NOT what is intended. Indeed, if you take almost any thread on this forum you will find instances of people having reposted others' images by using the quote function. What you suggest would mean that every time a member Quoted, they would have to PM the original poster to ask their permission to do so. This is quite simply not what the AUP sets out to do. If it helps set your mind at rest then we will reword the AUP accordingly.

Regarding Yvonne, I note that in another thread she says that she is taking a break. I too believe Yvonne contributed enormously to the forum and I hope she will return some time.

Fiona
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  leatherback Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:24 am

Hi Fiona,

Thx for this clarification. i think that a sideline in the term reflecting what you just wrote, would reduce the possibility of misunderstandings in the future.

Cheerrs,

Jelle.
leatherback
leatherback

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamcast Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:45 pm

Fiona, thanks for that explanation of the forum term in question.

leatherback wrote:Hi Fiona,

Thx for this clarification. i think that a sideline in the term reflecting what you just wrote, would reduce the possibility of misunderstandings in the future.

Cheerrs,

Jelle.

This is a good idea since many of the members here don't have English as there first language.

Ryan wrote:Shame that one little argument ended her involvement here. Now we'll never know how these beauties develop Sad

My thoughts exactly.. hopefully she will be back soon.

Kimo, being her FB friend and all, please, make sure she know she is missed already. Smile
Dreamcast
Dreamcast

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:09 pm

Dreamcast wrote:... ...Kimo, being her FB friend and all, please, make sure she know she is missed already. Smile
Yes, please!
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:40 pm

Pls don't make such a big thing about this. She's done this before and I'd bet she'll be back.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next