Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Urban bonsaïs

+12
Rob C
my nellie
RainierBonsai
stagz
tmmason10
Rob Kempinski
fiona
John Quinn
pongsatorn.k
JimLewis
Neil Jaeger
quatrefi
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Urban bonsaïs - Page 2 Empty Re: Urban bonsaïs

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:27 am

quatrefi wrote: Our trees are not quite ready yet, but the public that comes does not know anything about bonsaï, so it's ok...

so then, why not just call it what it is:

an art show.  

after all, its not a contest with arbitrary judges and ribbons and medals and trophies... is it ?  Wink

again, beautiful and each year gets better.
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulH Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:39 am

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
PaulH
PaulH

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Schordje Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:38 pm

@ quatrefi
Really nice, this show has gotten better and better each year. I like it. I like the concept. I wish I could see this in person. In terms of future improvement, continue to pay attention to the visual clutter in the background. I bet in person it is unobtrusive, but in photographs, which collapse to 2 dimensions the spacial elements, the visual clutter of the backgrounds could still use improvement. Though this year is 300% better than the first year. I really like this use of an urban space. Thank you for posting.

beer city snake wrote:man that is SUPER RAD...
<snip>...your show looks absolutely awesome and something i would like to carry on through our Arbor Arts Collective.
luckily, Milwaukee being the former industrial city that it is, we have many potential venues.sincerely thanks for sharing this !!!
kevin

I feel a scouting trip coming on, I'm thinking just north of National Ave, east of 27 th Street. Or the now closed bronze & brass foundry east of the Allen Bradley clock tower. Interesting idea.

I also think we need to see the resource that is already available to us, just made available end of 2013, the Sculpture Garden and park on the north side.

Leo Schordje
Leo Schordje

Back to top Go down

Post  Geoline Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:45 am

Loving the Urban Bonsai concept. It's much like the Internet Bonsai Club concept. A fun, contemporary way to open up this art form to not just the niche hobbyist, but to the entire community. Urban Bonsai looks like a colorful festival atmosphere that makes it fun for the entire family and community. Without the children and community participation in Asian festivals, there would be no artisans to left to carry on the beautiful traditional art forms.

For instance, in mainland China, the society has undergone so many cultural revolutions that it has been difficult to restore Imperial artifacts without locating artisan families who still possess the marquetry and tapestry skills.

Bravo!

Geoline
Geoline

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2