Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I never went away... heres an update

5 posters

Go down

I never went away... heres an update Empty I never went away... heres an update

Post  Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:19 pm

I know it has been remiss of me and I have had some great PM's of members... and my posting average is thru the floor...so... here is an update on some of my trees that have feature over the last 12 months on IBC

Remember this Hawthorn in January in the Isabella Pot, I never happy with the pot/tree combination so Gordon Duffett created this wonderful pot for me.

I never went away... heres an update Garden10

Here is the Blackthorn '50' after potting in a very primitive Brian Albright wobbly Pot.

I never went away... heres an update Garden11

The Pine that moved the bottom branch from the left of the tree to the right with Fiona

I never went away... heres an update Garden14

The Box Stump that was styled with Matt and Harleyrider

I never went away... heres an update Garden13

The Yew that was heavily wired into the Pot with Bobs help

I never went away... heres an update Garden15

Perhaps the biggest Change is the Yew, here it is before the big chop

I never went away... heres an update Garden16

And as it is now, growing on for styling next year, Enrico and Terry will now be happy Rolling Eyes

I never went away... heres an update Garden17

Back to top Go down

I never went away... heres an update Empty Re: I never went away... heres an update

Post  Ian Warhurst Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:44 pm

and now I`m happy too I`ve been telling you for years that was the way to go with that tree so much more of a story to tell. I never went away... heres an update Icon_cheers I never went away... heres an update Icon_cheers I never went away... heres an update Icon_cheers .

Ian.

Ian Warhurst

Back to top Go down

I never went away... heres an update Empty Re: I never went away... heres an update

Post  Lukas Sirotny Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:47 pm

I remember the image of hawthorn in Isabelia pot and I have to say that actual pot fits him much better! It is a hammer tree, indeed!
It must have required a huge courage to shorten the yew, one could say that it should be nice tall tree, but as a shohin it will be just brilliant! Congratulations!
Lukas Sirotny
Lukas Sirotny

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:26 pm

Hello Tony. Good call on the Yew. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Rozman Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:06 am

Why did you cut the yew ?! Sad Sad Sad

The other trees are perfect by the way. Wink
Nik Rozman
Nik Rozman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:14 am

Hi Tony

Good to see an update on your trees and they are looking great Very Happy
I also agree with Will, the Yew looks better for being smaller

All the best

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:16 am

Nik Rozman wrote:Why did you cut the yew ?! Sad Sad Sad

Hi Nik wait until the tree is styled next year and you will understand why the Yew was cut.

Perhaps Ian can tell you why in the meantime

Tony

Back to top Go down

I never went away... heres an update Empty re:I never went away...heres an update

Post  Bob Brunt Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:29 am

Hi Tony.
All looking great... Was shocked when you told me what you intended to do to the YEW.But now you have,it looks fantastic and can see the direction you are taking with it.. bounce
Bob Brunt
Bob Brunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Rozman Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:44 pm

Tony wrote:
Nik Rozman wrote:Why did you cut the yew ?! Sad Sad Sad

Hi Nik wait until the tree is styled next year and you will understand why the Yew was cut

Tony

I can see what it will become of the yew and it will be a superb shohin (will it be of shohin size?) that's for sure. But I still think it is a shame you cut the top. Well, what's done is done. Good luck with it in the future. Smile
Nik Rozman
Nik Rozman

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Warhurst Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:27 pm

In my humble opinion the tree as it is now, once styled will be in scale more, to produce a much more powerful tree. Also as it was, the trunk for the higher apex was a bit straight, not that there is any thing wrong with that, but although it can`t be seen to well in the picture the movement of the smaller trunk is superb and is more simpathetic to the movement in the amazing shari lower down on the tree and while the tree as it was would make a fantastic tree and one that most of us can only dream about, as it is now, it`s going to be world class. Tony knows what he is doing. In fact I am gonna make a trip up there as soon as possible just to see this tree in the flesh once again, now that he has changed it. Can`t wait.

Ian.

Ian Warhurst

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down