Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haws Watering Can 1/2 price at Restoration Hardware

4 posters

Go down

Haws Watering Can 1/2 price at Restoration Hardware Empty Haws Watering Can 1/2 price at Restoration Hardware

Post  Stewboy Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Stewboy

Back to top Go down

Haws Watering Can 1/2 price at Restoration Hardware Empty Re: Haws Watering Can 1/2 price at Restoration Hardware

Post  JimLewis Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:00 pm

That is an OK price, but that can is getting too large for me to handle easily. I use a much smaller can that I just have to fill more often. More and more I'm using a water wand on the end of a hose, though.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Haws Watering Can 1/2 price at Restoration Hardware Empty Re: Haws Watering Can 1/2 price at Restoration Hardware

Post  Storm Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:10 pm

Ive actually just used the hose with max spread without getting a cloud of water.
But Ive been thinking. If its tropical trees, and they've been cooking outside in the garden with full sun all day, isnt it a bit too cold to keep watering them even if its late in the evenings with the hose? Im thinking about shocking the trees and roots.
So, im usually using a can with good spread, that I have water at about 20c.
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:44 pm

Folks: Trees are tougher than (many of) you (appear to) think. You could water them from the ice dispenser on your fridge, or plop ice cubes on the pot.

THEY

WON'T

CARE

They also won't care if you use a $3.50 plastic water jug.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:23 pm

JimLewis wrote:Folks: Trees are tougher than (many of) you (appear to) think. You could water them from the ice dispenser on your fridge, or plop ice cubes on the pot.

THEY

WON'T

CARE

They also won't care if you use a $3.50 plastic water jug.

Too funny! My office watering devices include a 1 gallon pitcher to refill a small copper watering can and a 1 liter flavored water bottle with a sprinkler head made by pushing a hot paper clip through the screw on cap 5 or 6 times! The water bottle works the best.

At home I use an adjustable garden hose "spray gun" and I either change the rotatable setting depending on the size of the pot or adjust the hand squeeze on the trigger level. Nothing fancy. Cheap but efficient!

Jay
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:29 pm

Well, if you put it like that Jim, I wont be afraid to hose them again. Wink
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down