Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juniperus - Please Help

3 posters

Go down

Juniperus - Please Help Empty Juniperus - Please Help

Post  rolandp Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Dear Bonsai Friends.

It seams that I have a problem one of my juniperus. On the top of the branches the shoots are geting brown. Most evidently on one branche (first picture), a similar situation just a little less intense is visible on all other branches (second picture). The tree has been transplanted last autum, the soil is very airy and porous, the container is even too big, fertilized with Plante ORGANIK (periodically, about every three weeks), watered regularly (not too intense) and it is on a sunny position. When I found out that the shoots started to dry I stoped fertilizaing.

Juniperus - Please Help P1040458

Juniperus - Please Help P1040459

If anyone has any similar experience or knows what could be the reason for the problem, please advice or share any kind of information.

Regards, Roland
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Juniperus - Please Help Empty Re: Juniperus - Please Help

Post  JimLewis Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:24 pm

Are there any agricultural fields nearby. Could you be having some pesticide (herbicide) drift affecting your tree? Or maybe from a neighbor's lawn?

Have you used any pesticides lately?
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  NeilDellinger Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:27 pm

What is your soil like, as far as drainage goes. Many times when junipers behave this way its related to watering habits. If you have slow drainage or soil that holds water you could be overwatering.

Have you looked for any bugs? Try running your fingers through the foliage over a sheet of paper to see what you get. Yellowing foliage could also indicate a mite or scale problem.

I would bet its one of those two things.

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down