Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

juniperus chinensis--->>>>>>>> evolution of a Juniperus chinensis over 3 years.

+4
Bob Pressler
Spidercrab
marcus watts
Morgan
8 posters

Go down

juniperus chinensis--->>>>>>>> evolution of a Juniperus chinensis over 3 years. Empty juniperus chinensis--->>>>>>>> evolution of a Juniperus chinensis over 3 years.

Post  Morgan Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:30 pm

pirat

juniperus chinensis--->>>>>>>> evolution of a Juniperus chinensis over 3 years. Img_1610

juniperus chinensis--->>>>>>>> evolution of a Juniperus chinensis over 3 years. Post-313
juniperus chinensis--->>>>>>>> evolution of a Juniperus chinensis over 3 years. Post-314

juniperus chinensis--->>>>>>>> evolution of a Juniperus chinensis over 3 years. Post-315

juniperus chinensis--->>>>>>>> evolution of a Juniperus chinensis over 3 years. Img_1411

Morgan

Back to top Go down

juniperus chinensis--->>>>>>>> evolution of a Juniperus chinensis over 3 years. Empty Re: juniperus chinensis--->>>>>>>> evolution of a Juniperus chinensis over 3 years.

Post  marcus watts Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:35 pm

thats going in the right direction - but lots of straight lines jump out at me....a few more soft curves in the trunk and branches will mirror the foliage really well.

fantastic new growth to the foliage pads tho, really good
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

juniperus chinensis--->>>>>>>> evolution of a Juniperus chinensis over 3 years. Empty Re: juniperus chinensis--->>>>>>>> evolution of a Juniperus chinensis over 3 years.

Post  Spidercrab Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:05 am

This tree has potential but it must look like nature designed it and not us.Wind,rain,snow strong sunlight drought,all of these

Spidercrab

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Pressler Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:57 am

Nice development in three years. With some refining and a little bit of time you'll have a really nice tree.
Bob Pressler
Bob Pressler

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:13 pm

merci pour vos avis très éclairés.

Nouvelle formation

I still have to work on dead wood

Vos avis?

juniperus chinensis--->>>>>>>> evolution of a Juniperus chinensis over 3 years. Img_1021

Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post  dorothy7774 Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:29 pm

Nice! Not sure if you need the lower branch. What do you think:

juniperus chinensis--->>>>>>>> evolution of a Juniperus chinensis over 3 years. Morgan10

juniperus chinensis--->>>>>>>> evolution of a Juniperus chinensis over 3 years. Morgan11

juniperus chinensis--->>>>>>>> evolution of a Juniperus chinensis over 3 years. Morgan12
dorothy7774
dorothy7774

Back to top Go down

Post  coh Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:34 pm

Removing the lower branch was also my initial reaction, and Dorothy's virtuals seem to support that (at least to my eye). Could probably train one of the other branches down into that area if you feel the need for foliage there...but that current branch looks too "clunky" and comes off the trunk in a strange location.

Chris
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:47 pm

Another idea. Maybe too radical but that straight upper trunk is ???

juniperus chinensis--->>>>>>>> evolution of a Juniperus chinensis over 3 years. Bunjin11
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:43 pm

Hi Morgan.
I think the problem with your tree is the position/inclination of the trunk, It seems to be un balanced and falling down instead of just leaning a bit. and the unbalanced and heavy appearance were made heavier by the foliage pad formation riding to much on top of the leaning trunk.

My suggestion is nothing drastic, just minor adjustment of the leaning trunk to the right side. and then form some movement (horizontal) of the foliage pads to the left side, then create a deadwood/shari on the trunk to give some interest on the rather straight trunk.

just my opinion.

juniperus chinensis--->>>>>>>> evolution of a Juniperus chinensis over 3 years. Dsc_2411

The pot would also affect the image portrayed...ordinary pot and not long enough would change the balance too. Slab would also look good.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Klaudia & Martin Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:12 pm

Hello Morgan

To me it has to much deadwood....but thats only MHO.
I personally would bend the straight part of the trunk first and than rethink the design again.
There's no need to hurry.

Kind regards
Martin
Klaudia & Martin
Klaudia & Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down