Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first stone

4 posters

Go down

My first stone Empty My first stone

Post  Harleyrider Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:46 pm

I'm almost ashamed to tell you where I found this stone. Far from collecting it whilst scaling some crumbling cliff face or from beside a raging torrent deep in the heart of an exotic country, I found it on the floor of my local B&Q garden centre. Exciting stuff, eh?

I know that it may not be in the same league as the beautiful stones regularly displayed here but, as with bonsai, beuty is in the eye of the beholder. I have named it "Moonlit waterfall" or "Moonlit cascade" as this is exactly what it reminds me of. My wife thinks it looks more like a meteor shower. What do you think?

The stone measures 3 3/4 ins tall by 2 1/2 ins wide at the base. It sits in a beautiful Doug Mudd daiza (which I still haven't paid for! Whoops, sorry Doug Embarassed )

Sorry for the poor photo, I'll try to make a better job of it next time when I show you my new stone found by Matt on our recent trip to the lake district.

My first stone 100_1010
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

My first stone Empty Re: My first stone

Post  sitarbonsai Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:18 am

that's nice
I like the Buddha, he looks happy
I guess he likes the stone as well Very Happy
sitarbonsai
sitarbonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Heven Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:06 pm

A beautiful stone.Smile
The sculpture looks like Chinese Buddha.
Heven
Heven

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm

Did you carve the base yourself ?……..If so nice job. Smile
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:47 pm

@ Heven. Thank you for your kind comment. I think it is a Chinese Buddha, although I bought it from an Indian shop! I have about a dozen different ones. I'm not really religious, but Buddhism contains many thoughts and ideas that appeal to me.

@ Fuzzy. I wish! The credit for the daiza goes to Doug Mudd.
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down