Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Bonsai at the NC Arboretum

+26
Anitasfarm
bucknbonsai
Tzung Tzan
augustine
DougB
jtay123
Arthur Joura
M. Frary
fredman1
fiona
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
AlainK
geo
Bolero
Dan W.
Walter Pall
Dave Leppo
Van
JimLewis
Robert J. Baran
Vance Wood
MichaelS
my nellie
Khaimraj Seepersad
Richard S
coh
30 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

American Bonsai at the NC Arboretum - Page 9 Empty native oaks at the arboretum?

Post  Walter Freeman Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:17 pm

Arthur,

I'm curious about any native oaks you have at the arboretum. Could I trouble you for some photos of the oaks under your care? There is not much written about them, for reasons I am aware of, regarding leaf reduction and tap roots. I am curious still about white, red, swamp white (bicolor), as I think they could offer potential as large bonsai.

Walter Freeman

Back to top Go down

American Bonsai at the NC Arboretum - Page 9 Empty Re: American Bonsai at the NC Arboretum

Post  Dan W. Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:21 pm

Hi again Arthur,
I've been away from the forums for a while, still lurking on occasion but not really participating. But I'm back to it a bit now during our long winter here in Wyoming. It was enjoyable going through the beautiful photo's and friendly banter I had missed. The conversation between you and Walter is especially enjoyable. Smile

Anyway, I really appreciate the post you did on one of the Arboretum's limber pines a while back, and I was just curious how the other one is coming along that you said was in the middle of a bit of a re-style?

Thanks for sharing your time and experience with us!

Dan
Dan W.
Dan W.

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9