Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A stone named Mi Fu

5 posters

Go down

A stone named Mi Fu  Empty A stone named Mi Fu

Post  Kiefer Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:51 pm

Hello,

I proudly present my new American viewing stone. The beautiful daiza is made by Patrick M., he found the stone along the Cedar River in Washington.  

Patrick gave the stone the name: "Mi Fu" - remembering the famous scholar of the Song dynasty who lived from 1051-1107 and loved greeting a beautiful garden gongshi, calling him "elder brother". I like the thought of this stone resembling a scholar bowing to a rock. Considering that Mi Fu was a heavy drinker, too, I am glad that the stone wasn't labeled "The morning after..."  Laughing

The stone is uncut, naturally flat, and so perfectly balanced that it even stands without the daiza. It has two sides, I never know which view I prefer.

I love my little Mi Fu! ThumbsUp

A stone named Mi Fu  _dsc0012

A stone named Mi Fu  _dsc0013

Kiefer

Back to top Go down

A stone named Mi Fu  Empty Re: A stone named Mi Fu

Post  Chris Cochrane Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:30 am

The stone's configuration on a wood seat by Patrick Metiva is delightful.  It is nice to see an unprocessed stone surface.   Can you share the height of the stone above the lip of its wood seat? 

Thanks for sharing... :-)
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:43 pm

But I wonder why a Chinese name for a North American stone? Not that it's any of my business. . . .
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Precarious Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:50 pm

Maybe it's just a matter of dimension. An Earth name for a stone from Earth.
Precarious
Precarious

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiefer Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:01 pm

Thanks for your interest! The height above the lip is 4,5 inches. I didn't dare to share Patrick's full name here - but I adore his works... And if someone recognizes his style I would be glad, too.

Kiefer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiefer Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:13 pm

An American stone with a Chinese name in an European collection - that's the meaning of stone art for me.

Kiefer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:22 am

Hi Kiefer

I like your stone, and the daiza is true to the the chinese name, witch is to the chinese taste...this tell me the finder and carver like the chinese influence, and you too...a story of a stone, and a corner of two people Smile

I have a danish stone I call kappa...It look like the japanese creature. This is telling something of me and my influence.

A stone I found in Kamogawa is named by my friend the president of Kyoto-Uji Suiseki Club....it is a stunning name I never could have found...Keichitsu...it describes the time of year when bugs that hypernated in the ground wake up and surface...this name because of the surfacepatern, that look like old leafes on the ground
A stone named Mi Fu  Img_8414
Keichitsu

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiefer Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:53 am

Dear Yvonne, thank you so much. You probably can't imagine what impact your way of looking at stones and writing on it had on my love for stones. I read your postings here since years, since quite a while we are facebook friends (love the new pic with the mahogany daiza from today, too), and I learned so much by reading your texts and looking at your stones!

I wish there would be more face to face activity of stone enthusiats here in Austria with exhibitions and so, envy all the Americans who seem to be so deeply connected - but at least this forum exists; and there is a growing number of talented collectors like you who share their pics and thoughts.

Cheers, Stefan

Kiefer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:38 am

Hi Stefan

First of all...thank you for your kind words, and then... if I can inspire people to love the stones , am I only pleased to do it, what can be better than to inspire other people, while doing it my self Smile

The stone on FB, has had many likes, by people I like, and people I like and and respect for their work... it is one of my small darlings.

A Club would be nice, but we are not enough people in Denmark who are interested, and noone live close to each other

About exhibitions...I dont know how important it is to me to exhibit stones, I like my stones on the daily basis...There are a few exhibitions during the year...In Denmark once a year as a part of the bonsaiexhibition...ESA, as a part of EBA is a option, but this year is it too far away for me. 20 hours by car each way...I have ben told I can exhibit at the Noelanders Trophy in 2016...I would like to exhibit, but I am not sure I can go, as my friends who I drive with, may not go. And then there is the big Japan Suiseki Exhibition in Tokyo in February...I have a stone accepted again this year, and will ofcourse go there, I love being in Japan.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiefer Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:56 pm

Hi Yvonne,

I would simply love visiting an exhibition without driving for hours in a car. Japan would certainly be an exception - to show a stone there must be fabulous! You can be proud that your stones gain so much appreciation! Very Happy Very Happy

Kiefer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:02 pm

Dear Kiefer

Ofcourse am I very happy to have stones, worth showing in Japan... hope to see you there one day Smile

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Tentakelaertje Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:50 am

Having a rock showed is cool anyways, but it being exhibited in Japan sure gives some extra kudos!
Yvonne, would you mind showing us the stone you'll be having exhibited in Japan?

Thanks in advance, Tentakelaertje

Tentakelaertje

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:37 pm

Hi Tentakelertje

Do you have a real name? Smile

This is the stone from the exhibiton in feb.
https://ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/t9316p195-my-foreign-stones

The Photo of the next stone will have to wait to after the exhibition Smile.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiefer Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:50 pm

Thanks, Yvonne, the Feb stone is beautiful! Looking forward to pics from the stone of your next show! And if I ever travel Japan I'll ask you lots of questions here in advance. Very Happy

Kiefer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tentakelaertje Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:34 pm

This stone is very nice Yvonne!
When is the exhibition? Smile
Of course I got a real name! Mine's Maarten. Maarten is perhaps a little better pronouncable for you non-Dutchies Laughing

Tentakelaertje

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:01 pm

Stefan and maarten

The next Japan Suiseki Exhibition is in the middle of february...the exact date is not up yet

Kind regards Yvonne Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:20 pm

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:Hi Kiefer

I like your stone, and the daiza is true to the the chinese name, witch is to the chinese taste...this tell me the finder and carver like the chinese influence, and you too...a story of a stone, and a corner of two people Smile

I have a danish stone I call kappa...It look like the japanese creature. This is telling something of me and my influence.

A stone I found in Kamogawa is named by my friend the president of Kyoto-Uji Suiseki Club....it is a stunning name I never could have found...Keichitsu...it describes the time of year when bugs that hypernated in the ground wake up and surface...this name because of the surfacepatern, that look like old leafes on the ground
A stone named Mi Fu  Img_8414
Keichitsu

Kind regards Yvonne

Keichitsu is just one season...Some of you say you want a scroll for each season for bonsai-displays...my japanese friend have told me, there are 72 seasons...29 of them are mainseasons....so please go ahead, knock your self out Smile

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Tentakelaertje Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:26 pm

Whoa, that will be a long wait haha

Tentakelaertje

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down