Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What should a Bonsai Planting Accent say ?

+6
jgeanangel
logan3
dick benbow
Leo Schordje
Jeremy
Bolero
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What should a Bonsai Planting Accent say ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What should a Bonsai Planting Accent say ?

Post  dick benbow Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:57 am

Gosh, how did folks even survive without the internet and IBC in the previous generation?
certain truths seem to remain however...IE "you get what you pay for ".

Now about that coupon Smile

Thanks for the feedback
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

What should a Bonsai Planting Accent say ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What should a Bonsai Planting Accent say ?

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:06 pm

dick benbow wrote:Gosh, how did folks even survive without the internet and IBC in the previous generation?
certain truths seem to remain however...IE "you get what you pay for ".

Now about that coupon Smile

Thanks for the feedback

i feel fortunate to not be of the current generation (what i call the sci-fi gen) as i can exist perfectly well without a "device" in my hands...
heck, i can even remember black and white tv !

i think being able to remember pre-connect-to-everything-in-an-instant times helps to truly appreciate the amount of knowledge (good and bad) that is now at our fingertips...

but i digress...

so, about that coupon, here you go:

http://www.shopathome.com/discounts_and_coupons/default-brand-hobby-lobby.aspx?refer=1055600&src=SEPDSE&vendor=google&Distribution=Search&keyword=hobby%20lobby%20coupon&MatchType=e&AdId=61406141185&placement=&device=c&network=g&gclid=CJPF6pLjoMQCFY-DaQodpAgAUg
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:30 pm

thank-you! Smile
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

What should a Bonsai Planting Accent say ? - Page 2 Empty what should a bonsai accent planting say

Post  kora Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:07 pm

Here are a few questions, you should ask yourself-it is not necessarily a complete list, nor is it ranked too precisely:
1. What do you WANT to say, when you display a bonsai?
2. where does your bonsai grow? can you define that with your companion plant?
3. How do you express the season?
4. How can you complement the bonsai-consider, color, shape and size.
Here are some of the most common "mistakes" that I have observed: Too tall, Too big, too small
I try not to repeat the same colors and shapes of pots, and plants-so for instance try not to have 2 pots of the same color, same shape. If I display a pine, I don't like to see a companion plant with lots of straight spiky grass, that repeats the shape of the pine needles.
If you decide to show a blooming flowering plant in Fall, please make sure it is a Fall blooming plant(Now a days you can get plants that bloom most any time of the year, shipped from the opposite hemisphere-so yes, if you live in the Southern hemisphere then adjust accordingly. don't show a bougainvillea with a larch-they come from different latitudes.
And the list goes on, but enough for now

kora

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:02 pm

Kora, thank-you. I hope you'll continue to post these "little nuggets" of pure gold that you've learned over your study. I'm still panning for these little niggets, so by putting them in "the pan", it helps in acquiring the right stuff. Smile
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2