Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

right place, right time...

2 posters

Go down

right place, right time... Empty right place, right time...

Post  dick benbow Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:04 pm

Yesterday, I accompanied my wife to the asian grocery store to pick up some things we use that can't be found in our regular haunts.
  We substitute yakisoba (buckwheat noodles) in our spaghetti dishes and seem to be running out of it all the time. While she was waiting in line for check out I noticed a venor in the hallway that had a large display of things asian...all on sale.
  So I slipped out of line and started looking thru the sale items. All unpriced. UGGGG! How i hate that. So when my wife joined me, I pointed to a tiny hand carved chinese display table and said how much I could use it in my display alcove.
  To my surprise she went and found the vendor and asked the price. He couldn't speak english
and withdrew his cell phone to type in 20. To my surprise, the wife typed in 15 and he agreed.
  So I got the little table (shown here with a porcelain tancho kohaku koi) and an idea to return by myself armed with the knowledge that any other tables I saw could be negotiated "on the phone" at a discount of 25%.
  Usually I can never find the tables I want at the price i can afford. Sometimes skill has nothing to do with it, just dumb luck. And it doesn't hurt to have a spouse who understands the mind set that all sale prices are negotiable! Smile
https://i.servimg.com/u/f56/16/52/35/57/img_3117.jpg[/img]

Last edited by Chris Cochrane on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:17 am; edited 2 times in total
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

right place, right time... Empty Re: right place, right time...

Post  dick benbow Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:07 pm

not sure why the photo didn't take? maybe my luck is running out Smileright place, right time... Img_3118
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  stonener Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:37 am

Play Lotto!
stonener
*killer kohaku*

stonener

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:57 pm

LOL! Buying anything for display is enough of a gamble....

Well i went back and found another table i couldn't live without. 40% discount this time....Smileright place, right time... Img_3119
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down