Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kyushu Juniper

4 posters

Go down

Kyushu Juniper Empty Kyushu Juniper

Post  F. Waheedy Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:10 pm

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd show my San jose Juniper raw material. I know it needs a lot of work and
a nice pot. I'd appreciate any suggestions on styling as well as suitable pots.

Regds,

Faisal

Kyushu Juniper Front10

Kyushu Juniper Back10

Kyushu Juniper 310

Kyushu Juniper 410

Last edited by f.waheedy on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
F. Waheedy
F. Waheedy

Back to top Go down

Kyushu Juniper Empty Re: Kyushu Juniper

Post  Kev Bailey Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:32 pm

Wow Faisal, Great material. Are you sure that is San Jose? Mine reacts to drastic reduction with massive amounts of juvenile spiky foliage. Every little bit of mature scaly foliage has to be lovingly encouraged. Yours seems to be almost 100% mature scaly foliage, so I think you have another, more desirable variety.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  F. Waheedy Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:47 pm

Hi Kev, Thanks. Yes, I'm sure it's San Jose. The other one I have is same as yours with lots of juvenile foliage but that too is getting there.
F. Waheedy
F. Waheedy

Back to top Go down

Kyushu Juniper Empty New San Jose

Post  Mike Pollock Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:36 am

Kev seems to have used amazing self-control.

My first advice is to tell you its rubbish and you should send it to me since I'm such a selfless guy.

If you DO decide to keep it, the first side seems best since the deadwood and nebari is highlighted and those need to be the focal point of a juniper like this. I'm sure there are other options within a few degrees of this front.

The foliage is pretty tight. I'd lay money on the fact that this is some common juniper hybrid. It should be much better for bonsai than most San Jose foliage. Enjoy this tree!
Mike Pollock
Mike Pollock

Back to top Go down

Kyushu Juniper Empty Kyushu Juniper

Post  F. Waheedy Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:33 am

Hello Kev and Mike,

This is actually Kyushu Juniper. It's a Japanese juniper imported a few years ago.

Mike, Thank you for your nice comment. I'd love to pass it on to you but i'm sure you've got soo much more to take care of
and I wouldn't want to put extra burden on you mate. :-))

Have a wonderful weekend.

Cheers,

Faisal
F. Waheedy
F. Waheedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:35 pm

Hi Faisal

This is perfect material just ready for major first styling, I am sure any of the artists at Burrs will love to get their hands on this baby. I think you will be very surprised with the outcome of your tree.

Stone (Snore) Monkey (Andy)... so many names... had a juniper that was styled last year at Burrs and is returning for its refinement this year... I guess the same will be with yours... how is you Juniper doing snore baby Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:44 pm

You on a recruitment drive at the moment Tony? Almost every post has had BURRS in it!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:02 pm

Absolutely amazing. Please remember to take alot of pictures and post them here Wink
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:04 pm

will baddeley wrote:You on a recruitment drive at the moment Tony? Almost every post has had BURRS in it!!!!

Ha Will... not a recruitment drive coz basically the event is Full... I have recruited lots of my students to use the forum... the whole 'Burrs' exposure is going to get worse/better (depending on you view) as participants post trees they are working on at the event... you know the answer don't you... book for next year bounce

Note: of the 25 participants 22 use this forum... as do all the artists.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:14 pm

Who are the Artists you have this year? I hope it did'nt come across as a critisizm, anything to advance bonsai, etc, etc

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:02 pm

will baddeley wrote:Who are the Artists you have this year? I hope it didn't come across as a criticism, anything to advance bonsai, etc, etc

Hi Will... the artists are Hans van Meer, Enrico Savini, Ivo Saporiti, Terry Foster... and me cheers

Bottom line is one artist to five participants... its not exactly the way it works as all artists work/advise/have opinions on all participants material...

Also.., participants get involved with each others trees... help with wiring etc.

on Saturday evening there is a five way demo on really good material.

So now you know what to expect next year.

Back to top Go down

Kyushu Juniper Empty Kishu Juniper

Post  F. Waheedy Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:48 pm

Hi Tony,

Many thanks for your nice and encouraging comment.

Look forward to seeing you at BURRS.

Regards,

Faisal
F. Waheedy
F. Waheedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down