Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recently collected Dwarf Crape Myrtle - about 27 - 28 inches tall

3 posters

Go down

Recently collected Dwarf Crape Myrtle - about 27 - 28 inches tall Empty Recently collected Dwarf Crape Myrtle - about 27 - 28 inches tall

Post  Sam Ogranaja Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:01 am

I just collected this tree about 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure of the flower color yet. If anyone has any experience with this species, I am all ears. I know virtually nothing about it. I plan on doing no work to this tree this year. But it does need root work and definitely cutting back further. Overall I'm really happy with it. I'll keep you posted.

Recently collected Dwarf Crape Myrtle - about 27 - 28 inches tall Small_16

Recently collected Dwarf Crape Myrtle - about 27 - 28 inches tall Small_17
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Recently collected Dwarf Crape Myrtle - about 27 - 28 inches tall Empty Re: Recently collected Dwarf Crape Myrtle - about 27 - 28 inches tall

Post  dorothy7774 Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:04 am

That's a very nice find, Sam! Enjoy the journey!
-Dorothy
dorothy7774
dorothy7774

Back to top Go down

Recently collected Dwarf Crape Myrtle - about 27 - 28 inches tall Empty Re: Recently collected Dwarf Crape Myrtle - about 27 - 28 inches tall

Post  Sam Ogranaja Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:12 am

Thanks Dorothy!!!

Have a great weekend!!
Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:48 am

This tree has a lot of potential. For some reason it feels like there could be a better front than the first picture you posted. Could you snap a few more pictures from other possible angles?

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:29 pm

Yeah, I'd like to see other sides, too. Remember that scars stay prominent on this smooth-barked tree for years, so any large branches that are cut away, plan on incorporating the scar into the design if it can't be hidden by planting angle.

On that note, I'd cut off that small middle trunk now. If this is to be the front, that scar will be very prominent, so you ought to start the healing process now. You won't hurt the tree if, over the course of the growing season, you prune away unnecessary branches, either.

Crape myrtles are very forgiving trees. I have seven or eight shohin-size crape myrtle bonsai.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down