Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recently collected aligator juniper in Arizona

5 posters

Go down

Recently collected aligator juniper in Arizona Empty Recently collected aligator juniper in Arizona

Post  Frank Harris Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Recently collected aligator juniper in Arizona Termit11
Frank Harris
Frank Harris

Back to top Go down

Recently collected aligator juniper in Arizona Empty Re: Recently collected aligator juniper in Arizona

Post  peter keane Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:27 am

has great potential! what's their survival rate after collection?
peter keane
peter keane

Back to top Go down

Recently collected aligator juniper in Arizona Empty Re: Recently collected aligator juniper in Arizona

Post  Rob Kempinski Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:36 pm

Lots of possibilities. Good luck with it.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Harris Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:56 pm

peter keane wrote:has great potential! what's their survival rate after collection?

Excellent actually...I have never lost one yet. Recently collected aligator juniper in Arizona John_n1010 years.
Frank Harris
Frank Harris

Back to top Go down

Post  Dwight Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:42 pm

Tell us about collecting this tyree. Was it a one day tree or a five year tree ?

Dwight

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:12 pm

they look absolutely superb material- great fun! have you got any refined ones yet with behaving foliage that are forming neat tight pads or do they stay on the wild side?. As they are very much native material where do you want the finished style to go - compact and 'current japanese' or something different maybe?

I love mature junipers and this is a new one for me, thanks for the pics

regards Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Harris Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:31 am

marcus watts wrote:they look absolutely superb material- great fun! have you got any refined ones yet with behaving foliage that are forming neat tight pads or do they stay on the wild side?. As they are very much native material where do you want the finished style to go - compact and 'current japanese' or something different maybe?

I love mature junipers and this is a new one for me, thanks for the pics

regards Marcus

At the time I collect they are all mature tight folliage but the first potted or boxed planting usually requires more than 30-40 % reduction which causes all the folliage to come out immature and needle like. It generally takes 3-4 years to return to total mature scale folliage, which is what I strive for.
Frank Harris
Frank Harris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down