Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buxus/Boxwood #4 tree progression (Poink88)

+5
JudyB
JimLewis
Sakaki
Khaimraj Seepersad
Poink88
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Buxus/Boxwood #4 tree progression (Poink88) - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxus/Boxwood #4 tree progression (Poink88)

Post  Russell Coker Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:04 pm

As much is I agree with your very last sentence the rest of it sounds like apples to oranges to me.
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Buxus/Boxwood #4 tree progression (Poink88) - Page 2 Empty Re: Buxus/Boxwood #4 tree progression (Poink88)

Post  lordy Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:10 pm

OK, so Dario, in your experience, how long will it take for the branches to give in to the guy wires and turnbuckles? Will they be "permanently" relocated in a year? Two?
lordy
lordy

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:24 pm

lordy wrote:OK, so Dario, in your experience, how long will it take for the branches to give in to the guy wires and turnbuckles? Will they be "permanently" relocated in a year? Two?
I honestly cannot say for certain...the jacks and guy wires were installed about 8 months ago. The jacks are already removed and replaced by other guy wires. Where I removed the jacks, the bend seem to have already taken...to what degree I am not sure since I didn't let it relax long enough to see how much it will spring back. I plan on leaving the wires on for another 6 months (or around mid-spring time) before removing them.

Note that the turnbuckle is newly installed and is less than a month old so it will have to stay a bit longer than the rest. Maybe, it will be ready by spring 2014.

I also think that the jacks...due to the concentration of the stress/bend in that small/short area will set faster than the guy wires will. Guy wires spread the stress over longer length of branch and spring back is more likely. Weird but I believe physical damage actually forces the tree to heal and set to the new form faster. Please take this thought of mine with a grain of salt.

I will give the trees a year but if not yet set by then....hopefully in less than 2 they are.

One more thing, foliage volume and general health of the tree should play a role in set time also. The more lignin your tree produce and deposits...the faster the bends should set.
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2