Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet the newest member of the family

+3
Dave Murphy
CraftyTanuki
JimLewis
7 posters

Go down

Meet the newest member of the family Empty Meet the newest member of the family

Post  JimLewis Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:22 pm

His name (temporarily, I think) is Daryn. He is a 4-month old Welsh pony, JUST weaned and trailered from Illinois yesterday. The donkey is borrowed and is temporarily there to keep him company until he acclimatizes to the place, and the loss of his "old" friends, and the adult horses begin to realize he's there.

Meet the newest member of the family 8-12_a10

Meet the newest member of the family 8-12_a11

Meet the newest member of the family 9-12_a10
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Meet the newest member of the family Empty Re: Meet the newest member of the family

Post  CraftyTanuki Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:05 pm

Majestic, thanks for sharing.
CraftyTanuki
CraftyTanuki

Back to top Go down

Meet the newest member of the family Empty Re: Meet the newest member of the family

Post  Dave Murphy Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:25 pm

Very handsome...your wife must be thrilled.

Dave Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nemphis Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:37 pm

JimLewis wrote:His name (temporarily, I think) is Daryn. He is a 4-month old Welsh pony, JUST weaned and trailered from Illinois yesterday. The donkey is borrowed and is temporarily there to keep him company until he acclimatizes to the place, and the loss of his "old" friends, and the adult horses begin to realize he's there.

Welsh pony? How tall is he gonna be when fully matured?
Judging by his size at 4 months I think he is gonna be something close to 1.45,as past the 1.47 m line it is considered a horse.
And at 4 months old you already take the fool from its mother? Here in Romania most breeders keep them together until the fool reaches 6 months old.
Nemphis
Nemphis

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:12 pm

Jackie thinks he'll be about 13 or 14 hands. Both his parents are small. That donkey is a mini, so the proportions are off for the eye. (One man lifted the colt into the trailer for the 13 hour ride down here.)

The guy we got him from, who is closing down his breeding farm because of age and very poor health, says he always has weaned at 4 months or so. Jackie also got a yearling sister, but she was dropped off at a training barn on the way. At our ages -- mid 70s -- Jackie is no longer breaking and training young horses (or ponies) herself.

I have to say that I'm not too excited about 2 more horses here (for the same reason) but when they're being given away . . .

He's already a randy little guy and loves our mares (over the fence). But he gets snipped in a couple of weeks, so it's destined for failure.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:36 pm

More than your bonsais I envie you for these animals of yours!
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:53 pm

How many horses do you now have?
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:24 pm

Four.

Which IMO, is three too many.

So now you know who wears the spurs in THIS family. <g>
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  bumblebee Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:12 pm

He is beautiful!

Libby

bumblebee

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:40 am

Hi Jim

It looks like a nice sec. B welsh.
I used to breed them, but found it hard to sell/part with the foals, so I stopped....I still have my old breedingmare, and her "friend" my daughters old jumping pony, a connemare/arabian.
I have breed some 1. class mares, and once I had the honour to breed a stallion who is still "working".

Good luck with your foal.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down