Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to do with this acacia

+15
john5555leonard
dorothy7774
jrodriguez
AlainK
Jesse
mike page
cram
aaapostol_8368
AdamG
Arno
kauaibonsai
moyogijohn
Pavel Slovák
Eastern Bonsai
Ka Pabling
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What to do with this acacia - Page 3 Empty Re: What to do with this acacia

Post  Ka Pabling Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:10 am

Ferdie * wrote:Ka Pabling,

Good day my Mentor, what a great creativity that you made in that tree, but i really fascinated in the manner on how you just clamp this tree in the limestone, and if this limestone would serve as the tree medium for growth considering that there are no soil visible in the said picture, kindly please educate me on the process that you have done to this tree, because i have one piece here if you still remember (Balite in the adobe rock) and im planning to transfer it to a better rock formation, though balite tree is not that so sensitive..

Ferdie
Thanks Pons, I appreciate your kind comment.
Hi Ferdie,
Some acacia thrive in limestone rocks, these usually are those that posses good trunk movement, gnarled barks,these are the materials we are looking for bonsai., so this answers your question whether
this tree could use the limestone as medium.
As shown in the pictures above, the tree is securely mounted on the rock, use concrete nails and alu minum wires., then carefully spread the roots to the rock and cover it with a mixture of 30% sand and 70% clay about 1/4" thick, cover it with live moss. water it frequently but be carefull not to wash away the clay. put the rock/tree in a semi shaded area and wait till the tree looks stable before transferring
it in the open area.
This acacia seems to be doing well so probably I will transfer it in the open in one week time.
For your balete (ficus),it will not be a problem, transfer it anytime, just follow the procedure above,BUT, in chosing a rock you are going to use be sure its the best you can get and the most appropriate for your tree, its not like using a pot where you can change it yearly with no problem.
Best regards,ka pabling
Ka Pabling
Ka Pabling

Back to top Go down

What to do with this acacia - Page 3 Empty Re: What to do with this acacia

Post  Ferdie * Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:29 am

Ka Pabling wrote:
Ferdie * wrote:Ka Pabling,

Good day my Mentor, what a great creativity that you made in that tree, but i really fascinated in the manner on how you just clamp this tree in the limestone, and if this limestone would serve as the tree medium for growth considering that there are no soil visible in the said picture, kindly please educate me on the process that you have done to this tree, because i have one piece here if you still remember (Balite in the adobe rock) and im planning to transfer it to a better rock formation, though balite tree is not that so sensitive..

Ferdie
Thanks Pons, I appreciate your kind comment.
Hi Ferdie,
Some acacia thrive in limestone rocks, these usually are those that posses good trunk movement, gnarled barks,these are the materials we are looking for bonsai., so this answers your question whether
this tree could use the limestone as medium.
As shown in the pictures above, the tree is securely mounted on the rock, use concrete nails and alu minum wires., then carefully spread the roots to the rock and cover it with a mixture of 30% sand and 70% clay about 1/4" thick, cover it with live moss. water it frequently but be carefull not to wash away the clay. put the rock/tree in a semi shaded area and wait till the tree looks stable before transferring
it in the open area.
This acacia seems to be doing well so probably I will transfer it in the open in one week time.
For your balete (ficus),it will not be a problem, transfer it anytime, just follow the procedure above,BUT, in chosing a rock you are going to use be sure its the best you can get and the most appropriate for your tree, its not like using a pot where you can change it yearly with no problem.
Best regards,ka pabling
Thank You once again Ka Pabling and more power, God Bless..
Ferdz
Ferdie *
Ferdie *

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3