Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese influence on Forestry commission Larch

+20
andretoledo
will baddeley
Albert Ward
alex e
mesabax
steve05412
gman
Russell Coker
john5555leonard
Todd Ellis
Rob Kempinski
Dave Martin
Hans van Meer.
my nellie
Smithy
RKatzin
jgeanangel
pongsatorn.k
Pavel Slovák
mr treevolution
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Chinese influence on Forestry commission Larch - Page 2 Empty Re: Chinese influence on Forestry commission Larch

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:09 pm

Thankyou all for your input. Very Happy So if we break it down to a specific area to justify this image, it would be growing just over the crest of a hill, mountain or scree slope. The tension I mentioned earlier, maybe needs better explanation. The intension of the bowing of the trunk against the wind direction, was meant to give the impression of current high winds and the effect of this. Not just the effect.

Back to top Go down

Chinese influence on Forestry commission Larch - Page 2 Empty Re: Chinese influence on Forestry commission Larch

Post  Dave Martin Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:26 pm

Will, it works for me and so does the explanation........
Dave Martin
Dave Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:41 pm

Nice start for pretty plain material. I'm wondering what China has to do with it?
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:53 pm

Rob Kempinski wrote:Nice start for pretty plain material. I'm wondering what China has to do with it?

China is a larch country, DUUUH!!!! Very Happy
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:47 am

Hans van Meer. wrote:
Rob Kempinski wrote:Nice start for pretty plain material. I'm wondering what China has to do with it?

Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

Yuck yuck, I thought spelling checker would have fixed that! Suspect
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:54 am

....And the example posted that inspired/influenced the design were made by Robert Steven, an Indonesian. but he is also into Chinese antique furniture, probably that's how China got involved in the title of this thread.

As long as the tree looks nice it's fine by me, I don't care about the wind, let the wind blows where ever it wants to blow.

regards,
jun

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:00 am

Rob Kempinski wrote:
Hans van Meer. wrote:

Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

Yuck yuck, I thought spelling checker would have fixed that! Suspect

Oops sorry!
Shina is a larch country! Chinese influence on Forestry commission Larch - Page 2 Anvil-12

Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:28 am

Will, I like how you styled your tree and the tranformation, the before-after, is dramatic and artistically well executed.There is a lot of feeling and tension. The photo of the larch on the crest is awesome. I love the windswept forest you used as inspritation,too. I love Robert's work and am waiting patiently (no, that's a lie, I can't wait....) for his book "Visions of my Soul" to arrive. The twists and contortions in your branches shows that you have advanced technique IMHO. I aspire to mimmic that look, when and if the right tree comes a long. You certainly made a silk purse from a sow's ear. Congrats. I wonder how it will look when the needles emerge? Please post a photo then.
Best, Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Chinese influence on Forestry commission Larch - Page 2 Empty chinese influence on forestry commission larch

Post  john5555leonard Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:32 am

hi will , happy new year, i like what you have done with the branches ignore all these comments about wind, you are right, in fact if it was me i would lean the trunk over to the right hand side and make it even more dramatic , it would also reduce the height making the design more compact wind or no wind. regards john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Chinese influence on Forestry commission Larch - Page 2 Empty Something Fungi going on Here

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:33 am

Hello Rob. Cant remember the name of the book and from memory it was in Chinese anyway. The book was full of windswept images just like Robert Stevens (sorry Robert for calling your creation Chinese).

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:36 am

Thankyou Dave, Jun, Todd and John. I will post pics when the buds burst.

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:55 am

Will,

I can almost feel the breeze blowing through what's left of my hair.

R
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:08 am

Ha Ha. Ditto that Russell Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:34 am

Dear Will

As I allready said in this topic, do you make very nice trees. Now I learned, thanks to Hans's photo, that similar trees, to your creation, actuly is to be found out there. Very Happy The windswept trees I find in my surrounding nature, is very diffrent.
It could be funny, if IBC-members would post photos, of all kinds of windswept trees, found in the nature,
for the inspiration.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:14 am

Hello Yvonne. Sounds like a good idea and I'm sure you would find almost any style of tree to fuel the imagination. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  gman Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:23 pm

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:Dear Will

As I allready said in this topic, do you make very nice trees. Now I learned, thanks to Hans's photo, that similar trees, to your creation, actuly is to be found out there. Very Happy The windswept trees I find in my surrounding nature, is very diffrent.
It could be funny, if IBC-members would post photos, of all kinds of windswept trees, found in the nature,
for the inspiration.

Kind regards Yvonne

A great idea, why not use the gallery section and start a photo library of inspirational trees, which I think might be preferable than looking for threads on the topic?
Cheers
Gman
gman
gman

Back to top Go down

Chinese influence on Forestry commission Larch - Page 2 Empty Chinese influence on Forestry commission Larch

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:04 pm

As promised. A picture of the Larch in bud.Chinese influence on Forestry commission Larch - Page 2 Img_1310

Back to top Go down

Post  steve05412 Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:43 pm

Looks a really nice tree Very Happy

steve05412

Back to top Go down

Chinese influence on Forestry commission Larch - Page 2 Empty Chinese influence on Forestry commission Larch

Post  Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:55 pm

Cheers Steve. 700 views since I posted in leaf. Not that I'm counting. I was out in a very warm garden today, preparing for the Best of British tomorrow and I kept hearing cracking noises. Finally worked out it was the Pine cones opening on some of my Scots Pine.

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:39 am

You really heard the pine cones opening? Wow! Your larch is lovely!
How long will you keep the wire on?
Best, Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  mesabax Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:53 am

Wow. I'd say what you pulled off with this tree is a remarkable transition (all for the better). I'm not sure I would have gone there with this material......but you did and kudos to you! cheers

mesabax

Back to top Go down

Chinese influence on Forestry commission Larch - Page 2 Empty Larch

Post  alex e Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:05 am

Hi Will, mmmm interesting!!!!the only thing that doesn,t make sense is the difference between
the contorted branch work depicting one long hell of a hard life!, and a trunk that looks the
opposite scratch still! considering the material as I said interesting!!!see you at B of B ThumbsUp

Alex e Bagpiper
alex e
alex e

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Ward Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:32 am

with all aside will. I reaaly like it. Has an almost creepy spooky sleepy hollow look to it.

Albert Ward

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:31 am

Hello Todd. The wire will probably come off during the Summer depending how vigorous it is.

Alex. Try reading again and you will see I mentioned some work on the trunk in future.

Albert. Glad you like it. Seems to be a bit of a love it, hate it tree Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  will baddeley Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:07 pm

Having become almost nocturnal through work, I got a chance yesterday to take the wire off this Larch. Nearly froze my bits off in the process but it was good to feel the sun on my face.Chinese influence on Forestry commission Larch - Page 2 Img_2315
will baddeley
will baddeley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next