Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonsai Potter showcase #2 John Pitt

2 posters

Go down

Bonsai Potter showcase #2 John Pitt Empty Bonsai Potter showcase #2 John Pitt

Post  Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:26 pm

This is the second in the series of Bonsai Potter Showcases, the first featuring Stone Monkey can be seen Here

John Pitt has established himself as one of Europe's premier Bonsai Potters, his work is in demand from most of Europes top bonsai artists and further afield, in particular USA. Some time back I commissioned John to create one of the largest pots he has ever made, it was for my BIG Escallonia.

In this interview John talks about the big influence that his recent trip to Japan has made on his work, especially around 'age' of pots.

You can visit his website Here

Back to top Go down

Bonsai Potter showcase #2 John Pitt Empty Re: Bonsai Potter showcase #2 John Pitt

Post  Rob Addonizio Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:47 am

Tony,
As a potter myself, these interviews are very interesting and insightful...

I feel both humbled and lucky to share some of the same insights as both Andy and John, particularly as it pertains to the the subtle quality of pots, and the partnership between bonsai artist and potter.

Thanks so much for this great content Tony!

Rob
Rob Addonizio
Rob Addonizio

Back to top Go down

Bonsai Potter showcase #2 John Pitt Empty Re: Bonsai Potter showcase #2 John Pitt

Post  Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:34 am

Hi Rob, this showcase is really fun to do as I know many of the guys personally they 'open up' to me. This weekend I have access to a couple more from the UK, in May I am on a tour of Europe and will be interviewing potters along the way. Next up is Dan Barton in April.

The stone monkey interview was read on my blog 26,480 times (to date)

Back to top Go down

Post  chris Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:34 pm

Great job Tony
Allways good to hear John speaking on the subject that he loves

Regards Chris
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down