Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heathcote and the Jim Smith collection

4 posters

Go down

Heathcote and the Jim Smith collection  Empty Heathcote and the Jim Smith collection

Post  reg-i Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:46 pm

This Saturday and Sunday was Heathcote's annual spring bonsai and garden show while I was attending I took some pictures for you guys with curator Patrick Giacobbe. Later, after my day job I will post somemore pics.
Heathcote and the Jim Smith collection  Heathcoat019-Copy
curator Pat
Heathcote and the Jim Smith collection  Heathcoat035
Heathcote and the Jim Smith collection  Heathcoat041
Heathcote and the Jim Smith collection  Heathcoat012-Copy
reg-i
reg-i

Back to top Go down

Heathcote and the Jim Smith collection  Empty Re: Heathcote and the Jim Smith collection

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:06 pm

I would have liked to come down, but it is 100 miles each way for me. I was there last fall on my way south on other business.

Heathcote and the Jim Smith collection  Img_7817
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Heathcote and the Jim Smith collection  Empty Re: Heathcote and the Jim Smith collection

Post  Sam Ogranaja Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Keep 'em coming Reggie. Thanks for posting.

Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  reg-i Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:01 am

Heathcote and the Jim Smith collection  Heathcoat031
Heathcote and the Jim Smith collection  Heathcoat025
Heathcote and the Jim Smith collection  Heathcoat018
Heathcote and the Jim Smith collection  Heathcoat022-Copy
Heathcote and the Jim Smith collection  Heathcoat028
Heathcote and the Jim Smith collection  Heathcoat024
Heathcote and the Jim Smith collection  Heathcoat015-Copy
reg-i
reg-i

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:46 am

Wow, thank you Regi, what inspiration!!!
I didnt even know that you get a dwarf schefflera, is it from Hawaii?

I noticed that Portulacaria afra is labled wrong, Portulacaria afra is NOT a Jade tree, its a 'Spekboom' (Porkbush) or Elephant bush the first name giving to it was by the Zulu's - iGwanitsha.

Carassula ovata, or new name Crassula argentea is the Jade tree, Botterboom (Butter tree) Money plant or the first name given to it was by the Khoi - t'karkai. ( you say the t' with a click of the tongue.)
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  reg-i Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Andre Beaurain wrote:Wow, thank you Regi, what inspiration!!!
I didnt even know that you get a dwarf schefflera, is it from Hawaii?

I noticed that Portulacaria afra is labled wrong, Portulacaria afra is NOT a Jade tree, its a 'Spekboom' (Porkbush) or Elephant bush the first name giving to it was by the Zulu's - iGwanitsha.

Carassula ovata, or new name Crassula argentea is the Jade tree, Botterboom (Butter tree) Money plant or the first name given to it was by the Khoi - t'karkai. ( you say the t' with a click of the tongue.)
Yep theres a dwarf, I have both variety's the dwarf grows much slower though. I also agree with the Portulacaria being called a jade, but most people use that as a common name still. I think even home depot labels it as such. Also the rain tree is labeled wrong, well the name changed to Chloroleucon tortum
reg-i
reg-i

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:22 pm

I would never use Home Depot or any of the big box stores as a guide to naming plants.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  reg-i Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:52 pm

I wouldn't either I'm, I'm just implying that is what is out for the public to see
reg-i
reg-i

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down