Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not typical daiza

4 posters

Go down

Not typical daiza Empty Not typical daiza

Post  dick benbow Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:13 pm

but what do you think? Thoughts appreciatedNot typical daiza Img_2240
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Not typical daiza Empty Re: Not typical daiza

Post  ogie Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:04 pm

Hi Dick,
I think to be candid its quite BAD,as if you just bought a wooden bowl and seat your stone, you got several holes around the base no elevated feet, as a stone lover we should treat our stone in more ways to give them the highlights.The korean,Japanese,etc... as i'm surprise either to see them to pamper the stone so much, it doesn't have to be intricate, simplicity may be more , thats wht suiban and sand are use to give the viewer to imagine more.
Here in our country the Phil. its the same we have several group who just let the stone stand for the sake of it, collect stone that are lime in nature,alter the stone by cutting,etc...we may have different views and opinion, but bottom line THE STONE will speak for itself and people who view them will appreciate the true one if put in an exhibit.
I hope i didn't offend you or any other readers but i too myself is also learnig,thanks for sharing and continue to love the art of suiseki
Regards ,
Alex/Ogie
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:00 pm

No offence taken. I asked for opinions and you were caring enough to express yours. thank-you
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:35 pm

Hello Dick,
Your most welcome and pls continue to share your love of stone, we are all but student of this world.
a friend,
Alex
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:23 pm

question Alex, ( or others who would like to express their thoughts)
Because this stone is a formal known category, Waterfall, do you think it needs to be treated more formally with proper daiza, than does a biseki or more informal type? Would this wooden base work for something other?
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:44 pm

dick benbow wrote:question Alex, ( or others who would like to express their thoughts)
Because this stone is a formal known category, Waterfall, do you think it needs to be treated more formally with proper daiza, than does a biseki or more informal type? Would this wooden base work for something other?
Hello Dick,
We do not know the other, so hard to tell.
Korean, Vietnamese, Indonesian viewingstones are often placed on heavy woodstands like in your example.
This could be for stability or enjoyment of this heavy type of stand, or the woodquality, anyway for many reasons.
Maybe the question is, what do i want.
Or, do i opt for the Japanese refinement and go to the edge to optimize the simplicity and strength of a stone.
Whatever the outcome, it needs time to sharpen the eye.
A good thing is to look to many sorts of display, and play around and try.
Regards, Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Not typical daiza Empty as i c it

Post  stonener Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:16 pm

Hey Dick! were on the same cost... Basketball
Someone once told me take a shallow pot cover holes,
fill with sand and sightly plant the stone.
in this case could work for you, summer waterfalls look good this way,
quick easy for your enjoyment, if for formal viewing then a glazed tray(suiban)
that can hold a small shallow amount of water would be even better!
wetting stone now possible would help viewer connect and bridge feelings,
cool moist air and sound of the waterfall most of all, from your own experiences.
but if viewing as winter display should be in daiza, those are the rules, Japanese!
I see other things in your stone, My round eyes see an American Indian Face,
with white feather and leather strap hanging from his hair, over the rightsize of his face,
" Chief sitting bull" 1st see his nose, bottom center... Suspect

Not typical daiza Best_f10

just completed this daiza, "food for thought"...

Last edited by stonener on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oops! nevermind)

stonener

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:34 pm

Amazing, now that you've explained what you see, I can see it too. But never thought to look at anything but the waterfall. This has been fun. Your sharing is appreciated!
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:37 pm

Hi Dick,
As for me i really love suiban display but have to find a good stone for it,i hv a korean mentor who i learn a lot from the stone appreciation normally stone in suiban are spray with misting water for viewing purposes and as it dries up you will also see lots of forms in between,i don't normally put water but instead use sand to replace it and gives more character to it.
Daiza are nice too and to collect waterfalls and of its alike it is also fitting. i always choose the one that have a broder water section on the bottom of the stone , for thats how nature is narrow on top and wider ( gravitational) to give realistic to it. only my opinion, but thats only me Embarassed
Play around with your imagination amd you'll see how it will come out
Regards,
Alex
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:52 pm

was curious to get your thoughts on this biseki. I hate to not use the wooden display stand but trying to think outside the box. Since biseki is much more informal..comments? Not typical daiza Img_2241
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down