Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solicit Aspac Logo

+2
Garykk
bontailo
6 posters

Go down

Solicit Aspac Logo Empty Solicit Aspac Logo

Post  bontailo Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:08 pm

Dear all,
Asia Pacific Bonsai & Suiseki convention Solicit Logo.
The Winner will get 3000 USD$ & Certificate. 5 excellent works, each one 300USD$.
All the detail please check: http://aspac2009.tw/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=88&Itemid=105
Sincerely invite all IBC friends participate this event. Hope you will be the WINNER.

Min Hsuan Lo The Chief Operation of 10th ASPAC
bontailo
bontailo

Back to top Go down

Solicit Aspac Logo Empty Re: Solicit Aspac Logo

Post  Garykk Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:29 pm

Well, this sounds interesting.

Rep Asia Pacific area...ok
Promote ethnic harmony...ok
Popularize green eco art...not sure about this
Promo ecology and care of earth...ok
Rep bonsai and suiseki...ok

__gary

Garykk

Back to top Go down

Post  rock Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:21 am

Seems late for a logo, the thing is in 5 months.

they seem to have a killer logo already,

What am I missing??
rock
rock

Back to top Go down

Post  Garykk Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:51 am

This is interesting. The show is 10/31 to 11/2/ 2009 and the deadline for logo contest is 10/20/2009. The only problem is, I will need contest money to book the trip. This gives us 11 days to pack and get tickets...lol's.
I see that the show, ASPAC, is held every other year and this is to be the tenth with 2007 (9) which was held in Bali.
Do you mean this logo Rock? And here is 2007 logo as well.

Opps, the host is not hosting... the one on the left that is brown with branches on top and a shape of a leaf under or is that a silhouette of Taiwan? That gives me an idea... Rolling Eyes

__gary

Garykk

Back to top Go down

Post  bisjoe Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:48 pm

Logo design contests are meant to save the organization money. Professional graphic artists specializing in logos will charge $100/hour or more, and take the time to research an organization, & use proprietary or custom-drawn fonts and colors to make the logo unique and harder to copy. Logos are available from online logo factories for a few hundred or less but are simply clipart modified with a company name using free fonts and standard colors. Professionals will come up with several designs and market test them, often with focus groups
beofre making their final recommendation and that all costs money.

With the prize structure, if they get a decent market-tested logo in scaleable vector format with pantone and CMYK-W colors suitable for a variety of media that truly reflects the desired image, then they are getting a bargain.
bisjoe
bisjoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Garykk Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:53 pm

Is the land down under considered to be in the Asia-Pacific area? I just set up my car rental, I hope they like it.

__gary

Solicit Aspac Logo 18699110

Garykk

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:26 pm

bisjoe wrote:Logo design contests are meant to save the organization money. Professional graphic artists specializing in logos will charge $100/hour or more, and take the time to research an organization, & use proprietary or custom-drawn fonts and colors to make the logo unique and harder to copy. Logos are available from online logo factories for a few hundred or less but are simply clipart modified with a company name using free fonts and standard colors. Professionals will come up with several designs and market test them, often with focus groups
beofre making their final recommendation and that all costs money.

With the prize structure, if they get a decent market-tested logo in scaleable vector format with pantone and CMYK-W colors suitable for a variety of media that truly reflects the desired image, then they are getting a bargain.

The vast majority of Bonsai event logos are created for free by talented members of the bonsai organizations.
There is no conspiracy here - just an attempt to generate interest in a major bonsai exhibition held in a country that few western bonsai artists are even aware of that has perhaps the best bonsai in the world.

With the short duration of this event there is no real need or benefit for market testing. I believe there is sufficient talent in the event organization to convert the logo into a printable format and in suitable colors, so that is not an issue.

In addition, bonsai organizations around the world operate on very tight budgets (and usually rely on generous donations of their members to survive), if they attempt to save money while lowering cost for attendees while having fun for potential logo designers - what's wrong with that? Perhaps, if you are a logo designer and/or a professional, you might want to volunteer your talent or at least enter the contest.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Emil Brannstrom Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:44 am

Hi!

If you're one of the people that sent submissions to the logo contest, and you're concerned about how it has been handled, send me an email:
bonsaismurf(AT)hotmail(DOT)com

Best Regards
Emil

Emil Brannstrom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down