Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suiseki from Israel.

3 posters

Go down

Suiseki from Israel. Empty Suiseki from Israel.

Post  Leonid Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:46 am

Hi!
I am suiseki lover from Israel. The most of my stones- have been found in Negev Desert, so can be classified as “sabaku- ishi”. I am glad to represent some part of my collection.
Suiseki from Israel. Aristo10
Aristophane
Suiseki from Israel. Gol_li10
Head of the Lion
Suiseki from Israel. Cherep10
Turtle
Leonid
Leonid

Back to top Go down

Suiseki from Israel. Empty Re: Suiseki from Israel.

Post  Chris Cochrane Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:13 pm

Hi Leonid... Nice to meet a stone friend who collects in Israel. Can you share a photo of your collecting area? Do you share interest locally in a stone or bonsai group?

Perhaps, you are a reader of the California Aiseki Kai newsletter www.aisekikai.com, which promotes desert stone collecting. The newsletter is very good & distributed online. Older issues are archived.
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonid Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:15 am

Hi, Chris Cochrane
I am very grateful to you for kind words! Especially I wish to thank for a link on California Aiseki Kai. It simply find in conditions of the information deficite! Necessarily I shall the constant reader. I have very few photo of collection areas from Negev but that I have that is I shall show Suiseki from Israel. Negev_10 All these prisms, - a natural origin (Mahtesch a-Katan (or Cmall Crater)) the Stone on my avatar is found in this place.
Suiseki from Israel. Negev-10 and Suiseki from Israel. Negev_11 ,- Two photos from mountain part of the Central Negev.
Next week I shall try to photograph dry vadies (and, I hope Deserted Roses in their habitat.)
Leonid
Leonid

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:33 pm

Hi Leonid... Thanks for additional sharing. One view suggests a boulder-strewn & steep-cliff sided valley opening to a boulder strewn vista. It is spectacular in its astringency. Is it as remote as it appears? Like the caves entrances Deng reinforces as special in Chinese scholar rock appreciation, your landscape begs to imagine more—past & future time as well as entry to a wide, uncommon world.
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonid Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:12 am

I am very glad, that to you have liked Negev!
I would like to represent the few pictures from Negev Hills.
Suiseki from Israel. F304d53aebe8
Suiseki from Israel. Eadcc9324a46
It is typical hills loess and clay desert, but almost in all places surface of soil is “decorated “ by stones.
Suiseki from Israel. 7477b11abcf9
These stones often get the specific shapes (Desert Rose) because of influence of dew.
Suiseki from Israel. 7095d83d45d3
Usually they are relatively soft stones, but sometimes this shape may be found also in hard kinds of stones.
Suiseki from Israel. 013058279229
Rivers flow only in winter, but in summer we can see only dry canals, often they are covered by desert plants.
Suiseki from Israel. Afbcbd319bdc
Suiseki from Israel. 8dd85f1a25e7

It is the typical desert “citizen”…
Suiseki from Israel. 302672e94553
Leonid
Leonid

Back to top Go down

Suiseki from Israel. Empty How come we haven't met there?

Post  Ami BAS Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:09 pm

Hi Leonid,

Traveling in the same areas myself every now and then, I wonder how come we meet in the net sites and not on the real world? Loved you Suiseki.
Have you managed to find a stone that fits as a pot? Since I like my stones with some greenish company [=Bonsai trees :-)] I have found myself, during a weekend hiking in the Negev high mountain, walking for about 6-7 kilometers with an 1.5 Kg [~ 3.3 Pound] hollow rock that I thought will fit as a potting place for one of my trees.
Ami
Ami BAS
Ami BAS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down