Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cave stone -

4 posters

Go down

Cave stone - Empty Cave stone -

Post  Nguyễn Vũ Hùng Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:05 pm

Cave stone - My black stone found in Khanh Vinh River

Cave stone - Thach_11

weigh: 80kg

Nguyenvuhung2001@yahoo.com
Mobil phone: 0905119090
Nguyễn Vũ Hùng
Nguyễn Vũ Hùng

Back to top Go down

Cave stone - Empty Re: Cave stone -

Post  Chris Cochrane Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:01 pm

80 kg... over 175 pounds!!!

Are you a professional stone dealer in Vietnam? Moving this & fitting the seat for it must have been a challenge... Smile

May I ask the height of the stone alone? How tall is the stone with its stand?
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  Nguyễn Vũ Hùng Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:11 am

No I'm not.
I'm a lover of stones ( Suiseki) and very like it.Weekend, I Usually go to Khanh Vinh disrist to find stone (suiseki) Very Happy
the height of stone: 62cm

Cave stone - Dai_110

Cave stone - Dai211

Cave stone - Dai311
nguyenvuhung2001@yahoo.com
Mobil fone: 0905119090

Last edited by Chris Cochrane on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clean image tags so photos will display)
Nguyễn Vũ Hùng
Nguyễn Vũ Hùng

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:16 pm

This is quite nice and distinctive. I like the dark color & pitted texture very much. It has a contour associated with Chinese scholar rocks & a very nice mounting angle. The material texture (pitting) & heavy weight (for a stone ~ 2 feet/60 cm in height) could suggest metamorphic basalt (seen more commonly in Japanese-style suiseki). I wonder if that is possible because the deep depressions & holes look like solution pits (erosion caused by chemical reaction), which is typically the reaction of rainwater mixed with leaf-debris creating a mild acid that eats away calcium (limestone's material). The pitting inside the holes suggests a cause which may not be solution-pitting.

You'll have to teach me, Hung-Tran. Or perhaps we have a geologist lurking on IBC... Smile . I'd like to learn.

Is the addition of crystals in the depressions your personal expression or something seen among numerous stone collectors in your region? Should we recognize a story in seeing crystals placed in a naturally contoured stone?

The crystals are so angular. For me, they are less representative of worn, lonely nature & subsequent feeling found on windswept shores, remote mountain places and so on. I'd see them as a distraction to appreciating the dark stone until learning a special meaning by the host who presents them. I suppose a rock hound would zoom in on the exceptional crystals & perhaps loose sight of the terrific scholar's rock.
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  Nguyễn Vũ Hùng Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:44 am

that is a stone number 1 my collection Suiseki Very Happy
bounce
Nguyễn Vũ Hùng
Nguyễn Vũ Hùng

Back to top Go down

Post  Heven Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:02 pm

GOOD STONE, THANKS FOR SHARING:)
Heven
Heven

Back to top Go down

Post  Nguyễn Vũ Hùng Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:16 pm

It's my life Exclamation I love you
Nguyễn Vũ Hùng
Nguyễn Vũ Hùng

Back to top Go down

Cave stone - Empty CAVE LANDSCAPE SUISEKI

Post  ngoquangvu06 Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:27 pm

Hi Nguyenvuhung
Sorry , I have some ideas about your cave suiseki stone .
1/ Your photos are too heavy to load . You need free download PHOTOSIZER sofware to resize photo.
2/ According to basic theory of suiseki stone , landscape shape suiseki is a small copy of landscape objects in nature . Landscapes as mountaine , hill, lake , island , cave , … but its construction must be stable , firm and balance.
3/ Your cave stone, if you image a real cave mountain with the height which is multipled minimum 50 time ( 62cm X 50 – 31m ) ,you will see a mountaine with cave is high 31m but thin body , this constructon has no stable , no firm and no balance . It is dangerous and can collapse any time . So it's not suiseki stone.
4 / I think this stone is object stone or hole stone . If you play hole stone ,based on oriental phylosophy, so when you put it in your house , you will meet lucks and everything will flow smoothly.

ngoquangvu06

Back to top Go down

Cave stone - Empty suiseki

Post  Nguyễn Vũ Hùng Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:32 am

Very Happy this is a caves tone of Giesu
Nguyễn Vũ Hùng
Nguyễn Vũ Hùng

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down