Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Festival international de bonsaï 2011 by actubonsai

+5
Todd Ellis
bonsai monkey
hin175
Rob Kempinski
actubonsai
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Festival international de bonsaï 2011 by actubonsai Empty Festival international de bonsaï 2011 by actubonsai

Post  actubonsai Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:59 pm

A new post to share with you the videos i have realized at "international bonsaï festival" in Saulieu (France).

The first one is a pinus, owner Mr Pius NOTTER.

More vidéos to come.
Best regards, Guillaume

Last edited by actubonsai on Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
actubonsai
actubonsai

Back to top Go down

Festival international de bonsaï 2011 by actubonsai Empty Re: Festival international de bonsaï 2011 by actubonsai

Post  Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:47 pm

I have just returned from this great event in Saulier, I will post some pictures... But for now I have driven 755 miles in one go... Only stopping for the channel tunnel... So I will sleep first Sleep

Back to top Go down

Festival international de bonsaï 2011 by actubonsai Empty Re: Festival international de bonsaï 2011 by actubonsai

Post  Rob Kempinski Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:28 am

actubonsai wrote:A new post to share with you the videos i have realized at "international bonsaï festival" in Saulieu (France).

The first one is a pinus, owner Mr Pius NOTTER.
More vidéos to come.
Best regards, Guillaume

Très bien - je l'aime beaucoup
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  hin175 Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:17 pm

A lot of nice pictures and some videos can be found (more and more are added each days) at http://www.parlonsbonsai.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49480&st=0.

We added some close-up for a few trees, especially the Prunus spinosa by John Pitt (what an amazing tree ! cheers )
hin175
hin175

Back to top Go down

Festival international de bonsaï 2011 by actubonsai Empty some pictures of the John Pitt tree

Post  hin175 Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:28 pm

Festival international de bonsaï 2011 by actubonsai Index

What a fabulous ramification Shocked
hin175
hin175

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsai monkey Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Just seen the trees from the supplied link and it looks like a fabulous Show. It’s good to see a nice cross section of species rather than just the usual suspects (Pines, Junipers etc). Excellent to see some of the Maples looking in such “non-Autumn” colour as our Summer this year was oh too short Sad

Glad to see that your trees made it in one bit Tony and didn’t mind the temperature jump from their overnight stop in sunny Kent. A bit of a shock for them I know!! I did notice that “50” was leafless although I did notice a nice black berry. My two kids are still telling people all about the dragonfly that they saw in your car. Shame I couldn’t have stowed away in your boot of your car if it wasn’t for those pesky Yews!!

Thanks again for sharing,
Ook, Ook,
Simon
bonsai monkey
bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Festival international de bonsaï 2011 by actubonsai Empty the winners

Post  hin175 Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:21 pm

Some pictures of the winning trees...
the first prize:
the second prize :
and the third:

(pictures taken from the forum ParlonsBonsai.com)

Last edited by hin175 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
hin175
hin175

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsai monkey Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:30 pm

I think the Rosemary(?) in the second picture is interesting it's a real shame about the treatment of the deadwood & live vein. They look too much Juniper-esk and artificial for this species. Knit-picking I know but an interesting tree all the same,

Ook, Ook,
Simon
bonsai monkey
bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  hin175 Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:33 pm

I think this rosemary is a yamadori, so the trunk and live vein movements were natural, despite an artificial look... Rolling Eyes
hin175
hin175

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsai monkey Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:39 pm

hin175 wrote:I think this rosemary is a yamadori, so the trunk and live vein movements were natural, despite an artificial look... Rolling Eyes

It wasn't the "look" (shape) but colouration of the bark and live vein that I questioned,
Regards,
Simon
bonsai monkey
bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  hin175 Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:58 pm

OK, I don't know why these features have been made like this... Question
hin175
hin175

Back to top Go down

Post  actubonsai Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:29 pm

An other video :

Larix
owner : Pius NOTTER

Guillaume
actubonsai
actubonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  hin175 Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:07 pm

Pictures of some of the suiseki and accent plants from the show have been added.... enjoy ! Very Happy
hin175
hin175

Back to top Go down

Post  actubonsai Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:58 pm

Third trees :
pinus

Copyright (2011) >> actubonsai video

Guillaume
actubonsai
actubonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  actubonsai Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:20 pm

actubonsai
actubonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:15 am

Monsieur Hin,
Thank you for showing the pictures and providing the links to this show. WOW!

I like the Rosemary and despite the fact that very few trees in nature are bleached white with such dark contrasting veins, cette superb! I must say that most junipers and pines in the wild do not have this kind of contrast either; what say you Simon?
Best,
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  actubonsai Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:48 pm

Chamaecyparis obtusa
Pius NOTTER

Guillaume
actubonsai
actubonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  hin175 Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:11 am

A video from the ParlonsBonsai youtube channel, with the general feeling and showing an overview of the exhibition...
hin175
hin175

Back to top Go down

Post  hin175 Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:19 am

It was a pleasure Todd, I think it is always a good thing to see some high-level trees... Very Happy
About the rosemary, it was very "graphic", with a very strong, but subtle trunk line...Considering this fact, a very contrasted difference between the live vein and the dead wood was not chocking (for me... Wink )
hin175
hin175

Back to top Go down

Post  actubonsai Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:24 am

Pinus mugho
owner : Enzo (Mugo) FERRARI
Festival international de bonsaï 2011

Guillaume
actubonsai
actubonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsai monkey Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:13 am

Todd Ellis wrote:Monsieur Hin,
I like the Rosemary and despite the fact that very few trees in nature are bleached white with such dark contrasting veins, cette superb! I must say that most junipers and pines in the wild do not have this kind of contrast either; what say you Simon?
Best,
Todd

Hi Todd,
Firstly I have to say (in defence of the tree and myself) that I have not seen the tree in real life and, coming from a printing background, I know how much a bad or blown picture can affect the subject matter. Any-ho, I digress!!

I think that the Rosemary is an interesting tree with great movement and a pleasing image. The thing that I am uncomfortable with (and it appears only me at this point) is the treatment of the live vein and deadwood. These plants/trees come from a dry environment and wouldn’t naturally have this very moist and polished look to the bark. I have the same problem of definition between these two areas on one of my Lonicera’s as, like Rosemary, the flaky bark is quite pale when left untreated. I do admit to giving it a very light oil, if I am showing it, to offset the colour of the deadwood. This is enough to give the tree some depth but without making it look too false.

Regarding deadwood, I agree with you regarding Pines & Junipers (Yews as well come to think of it) not having a very “white” appearance in the wild. Now that Autumn is upon us my journey to work everyday passes through some lovely wooded areas where the deadwood is mostly an ashen grey or very washed out brown colour. I’m very much a follower of the “finish” that Will Baddeley or Simon Tremblett get to their deadwood toning the white down to achieve a more natural and pleasing colouration. There are plenty of trees with deadwood & bark colouration “done well” but there are unfortunately there are also plenty that have had the “white wash and boot polish” treatment.

I hope that this clears up my concerns with everyone and this was not seen as a dig at a lovely tree.
After all, what would I know; I only do Topiary Bonsai,
Regards,
Simon
bonsai monkey
bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  will baddeley Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:20 pm

Hello Simon. I couldn't agree more about stark white Lime Sulphur applied directly before a show. Some time to season or a small amount of ink will help bring out the depth in the deadwood.
In defence of the Rosemary, pictures taken with a black background will often give anything grey or whitish a stark appearance.
Some wonderful trees though. Thanks for posting.

Festival international de bonsaï 2011 by actubonsai Dsc_3310
will baddeley
will baddeley

Back to top Go down

Post  john pitt Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:27 pm

I saw this rosemary in Saulieu, in fact it was among my top 5 in the whole exhibition,
and was judged in the top 3.

The picture does no justice whatsoever to the sublime sutble nuances of this tree,
it does not convey the 3 dimensional aspect of the trunk,
and the contrast is so stark as to bear no resemblance to the true colours.

In fact it looks so natural, in every aspect,
when you stand in front of it, hard to believe it is not hanging from a cliff face, in full sunshine,
and the presentation is a credit to the owner.

John.

john pitt

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsai monkey Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:47 pm

john pitt wrote:I saw this rosemary in Saulieu, in fact it was among my top 5 in the whole exhibition,
and was judged in the top 3.

The picture does no justice whatsoever to the sublime sutble nuances of this tree,
it does not convey the 3 dimensional aspect of the trunk,
and the contrast is so stark as to bear no resemblance to the true colours.

In fact it looks so natural, in every aspect,
when you stand in front of it, hard to believe it is not hanging from a cliff face, in full sunshine,
and the presentation is a credit to the owner.

John.

Thanks for the info John.
I'll be off then.......................................... TAXI!!

bonsai monkey
bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  hin175 Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:40 pm

I'm totally agreed with John, and with Simon and Will... Very Happy
In the picture, the dead wood seems very bleached, and therefore artificial.
Unless having looked this tree as intensively as John, the dead wood didn't shocked me.
I have found a picture on another background in this forum, the dead wood looking more natural... ThumbsUp
hin175
hin175

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next