Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what software do i need for graphics

+5
Kev Bailey
John Quinn
JimLewis
will baddeley
john5555leonard
9 posters

Go down

what software do i need for graphics Empty what software do i need for graphics

Post  john5555leonard Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:11 pm

hi , can anybody tell me what software i need to do the graphics on the trees ,change pots etc, please do not send me any links to check out, just tell me which is best, and i,ll try and find somewhere to download it for me. we do not have broadband out here and we get lots of slight power breaks that make it impossible to download at home. thanks john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  will baddeley Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:34 pm

Hello John. My wife Bev is a graphic artist and uses Photoshop to great effect. I have the same program and use it for re sizeing and colour/ contrast adjustment. I find a pencil and paper much easier. Smile
will baddeley
will baddeley

Back to top Go down

Post  john5555leonard Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:42 am

hi will,does it let you do virtuals and change pots etc ? , i bought a photosuite 4 in uk thinking it would allow me to cut out areas of trees and add foliage etc but it does,nt, please let me know. thanks john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

what software do i need for graphics Empty Re: what software do i need for graphics

Post  John Quinn Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:57 am

Photoshop Elements is a smaller , less costly version of Photoshop and is still more than you need. As Jim notes, there are some free options, too.
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

what software do i need for graphics Empty Re: what software do i need for graphics

Post  Kev Bailey Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:15 am

There's a good comparison of most free photo editors here http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pixelbasedwin/tp/freephotoedw.htm
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EdMerc Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:11 pm

Keep in mind that no software, regardless of price or complexity, is going to make the virtuals for you. You still have to know now to use the tools and some talent makes all the difference.
EdMerc
EdMerc

Back to top Go down

Post  The Lad Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:54 pm

hi john5555leonard

I agree with EdMerc about having the know how to use the tools and some talent as what been said before on using software and practice and more practice does help once you decide what software is suitable for you and your needs

I wish you well and hope you find what you looking for and works

Ever wish you had paid attention (I know I do) in ART AND DESIGN CLASS whilst at School

take care

Jim thelad

The Lad
The Lad

Back to top Go down

Post  john5555leonard Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:04 am

hi guys, i did manage to download photo pos pro , i was amazed we actually had 2hrs without a power break, unlike today when we have had 6 split second breaks before breakfast, one of the many joys of living in thailand, but after all that i wished i,d never bothered, it did not work when i clicked on buttons nothing happens, and it downloaded a load of c--p with it which i can,t get rid of, they say nothing in life is free!! oh well back to pen and paper. regards john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  will baddeley Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:35 am

Hello John. Nothing wrong with pen and paper and I think it leads to a more acurate and personal representation of a future design.
will baddeley
will baddeley

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:32 pm

john5555leonard wrote:hi guys, i did manage to download photo pos pro , i was amazed we actually had 2hrs without a power break, unlike today when we have had 6 split second breaks before breakfast, one of the many joys of living in thailand, but after all that i wished i,d never bothered, it did not work when i clicked on buttons nothing happens, and it downloaded a load of c--p with it which i can,t get rid of, they say nothing in life is free!! oh well back to pen and paper. regards john

Which version of Windows are you using? If one of the older ones, the program may not be made for them. Or, you may have had a mini-power-glitch while the download went on and the older Windows download managers couldn't recover from them.

On virtually all "freeware" these days you have to watch the install screens VERY carefully and click the "no thanks" box, or you will get any number of "useful" programs installed on your machine. It's a way for the makers of freeware to get some money for their work, since very few people actually donate to their cause. These programs should appear in the "Program Files" folder and should all have an uninstall function that is accessible through the Control Panel.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  wabashene Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Don't forget MS Paint which ships with Windows.

Useful for simple cut, paste and draw type virts

The following is an example I did to have an Erin pot made using 2 photos (top row) put together to produce a virt (bottom left).

Pic with actual tree in resulting pot shown bottom right.

Might come in useful

thks

TimR
what software do i need for graphics Paint_11
wabashene
wabashene

Back to top Go down

Post  john5555leonard Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:24 am

hi guys, sorted, been downtown and bought photoshop cs5 full final extended onone 5.5.1 for $2 . well this is thailand!!!, all i need to do now is enrole at university on a 3 yr course to learn how to use it lol . regards john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:35 pm

Hope it is the real thing, and not some Chinese knockoff with lots of glitches.

There are lots of books and magazines with how tos on Photoshop.

Good luck.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Damienindesert Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:11 pm

Hi there.

The other half of my job is illustrating and Photoshop is probably the way to go. I don't use it much as Corel is more intuative, but it has by far the best support and flexibility when intigrating your files to other programs. If not Adobe, then try Coreldraw, or my favourite, Corel Painter (big program and better on a Mac).
Damienindesert
Damienindesert

Back to top Go down

Post  john5555leonard Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:19 am

hi , of course its not a chinese knockoff, its a thai knockoff

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:51 am

After many years of trialling all sorts of programs, I recently "bit the bullet" and bought the full Adobe Production Premium Creative Suite (CS) 5.5 At £320, reduced from £1,700 it was a steal, and nice to know that I'm now fully legal. For that I got Photoshop for graphics, Premiere for HD video editing, Encore for DVD and Blu ray creation/burning, After Effects for motion graphics/special effects, Encore for audio manipulation, Illustrator for vector graphics, Flash for animation and and a host of other add-ons and tools. The massively reduced price is available for anyone who works in education or has a child in school. I realise that not many would want all of the bundle that I bought, but you can buy just Photoshop CS5.5 and possibly Photoshop Elements at the reduced rate.

Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down