Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juniper pruning and wiring.

2 posters

Go down

Juniper pruning and wiring. Empty Juniper pruning and wiring.

Post  Mikey P Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:42 am

Hi IBC. First i would just like to say there have been some great posts this season and some wonderful pictures from events and also trees in progress so thank you. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy My question is I have a very large Juniper and i am wondering when is the best time to prune and wire my tree? We are in the first week of autumn here and it is starting to get very windy. I am also curious to whether i prune the whole tree in one sitting before i wire the small branches or do i prune the top of the tree and then a few days later prune the rest of the tree to distribute energy? Thank you for the help that you can give me. It is always very much appreciated.
Mikey P
Mikey P

Back to top Go down

Juniper pruning and wiring. Empty Re: Juniper pruning and wiring.

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:34 am

Mikey P wrote:Hi IBC. First i would just like to say there have been some great posts this season and some wonderful pictures from events and also trees in progress so thank you. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy My question is I have a very large Juniper and i am wondering when is the best time to prune and wire my tree? We are in the first week of autumn here and it is starting to get very windy. I am also curious to whether i prune the whole tree in one sitting before i wire the small branches or do i prune the top of the tree and then a few days later prune the rest of the tree to distribute energy? Thank you for the help that you can give me. It is always very much appreciated.

I can't make suggestions on timing for your location, but a few days between trimming the top and remainder of the tree will not make any difference. Trees don't adjust that quickly.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down