Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help can,t post pictures anymore

+2
JimLewis
john5555leonard
6 posters

Go down

help can,t post pictures anymore  Empty help can,t post pictures anymore

Post  john5555leonard Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:29 am

sorry if this is in wrong area but i,v lost the conection <cookie> between ibc and serving, it,s opening but then keeps asking me to log on after its gone through the process of loading pic. hope this makes sense , can anybody give me an idiots guide on how to correct it cos i,m not good with computers, regards john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

help can,t post pictures anymore  Empty Re: help can,t post pictures anymore

Post  JimLewis Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:36 pm

help can,t post pictures anymore  Little10

Well, I can post pics, so it's not a system problem. Maybe Kev will have a solution to your problem. I've never run across it before. (This is me "a few" years ago. I'm in the midst of digitizing many of our old pictures -- some dating back into the late 1800s (NOT this one!!!) -- and this shot was available.)

JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:27 pm

You were quite cute, Jim What happened? Laughing Just joking my friend.

John, have you tried picture uploading again today? From time to time Servimg goes strange or is temporarily closed for maintenance. It could just as easily be one of those rather than something you are doing. Let us know if you're back on or not.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:47 pm

Make sure your internet preferences are still set to accept cookies from the site.
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:03 am

Which browser are you using, Internet Explorer, Firefox etc? Try clearing cache. Get back to us here if you are still having problems.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

help can,t post pictures anymore  Empty help can,t post pictures anymore

Post  john5555leonard Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:20 am

hi kev, now i,m using microsoft internet explorer, but before i,v been using google chrome, but g c will not let me log in anymore to i b c ??? last week i had a problem with my email and deleted all cookies , and i,v no idea how to restore cookie between i b c and serving and no idea what cache is , could you talk me through it ?? . the problem out here is when i go to a computer shop nobody speaks english and i can speak thai but not good enough for tecnical stuff . regards john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:16 am

Hi John, I rarely use Chrome as I'm happy with Firefox at the moment. Google is your best friend in these situations ;-) I found http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?answer=95582 Hope that helps.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

help can,t post pictures anymore  Empty help cant post pics anymore

Post  john5555leonard Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:15 am

hi kev, i,m getting there , but still having problem, the method i,v always used is no. 1 select pic , 2 host , 3 right click and copy url< now when i do this copy is not an option in pop up .so i left clicked copy on middle url. no.4 click insert image box then right click n, paste url . no.5 preview .. no4 is,nt working i think because no.3 is,nt working . at least i,v overcome the problems of loging on and servimg conection . just try and guide me through the last bit . regards john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:26 pm

It would be nice for all of us aged readers of the IBC who are not up on texting-write if you could take the time to write in something other than textlish. Many thanks.

Try right-clicking on the middle address for your picture, choose Select All, then copy. Another right click on the message screen, and then selecting copy should put the needed information on the screen.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 pm

John, once you get to the three choices, try what I do: Highlight the middle option by just the usual one short left click. Use Control+C to copy, then place your cursor in the message box and use Control+V to paste. Last step is to click Upload back in the three options box.

I find that a far simpler method than the others and it has never let me down. I use a mixture of different systems depending on which computer I'm at - house, work etc.

Please let us know how you are getting on.

Last edited by fiona on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  alonsou Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:14 pm

So if some individuals seem to have issues with the image hosting software of the Forum, have they considered using a third party hosting service? like imgur.com or photobucket? Those never fail.

Here's a quick tutorial just in case if you find better to use a third party hosting service.

Go to https://imgur.com/ and if you don't have an account with them, register for one, its free.

help can,t post pictures anymore  0CMdFl

Once you are on your upload screen, on the upper right corner click "UPLOAD"

help can,t post pictures anymore  C2C8Il

On the pop-up window, select the right location for the image that you want to upload, in this case its on the "destop" and the image its called "pine", then click "OPEN"

help can,t post pictures anymore  5vQ41l

Wait for the file to finish uploading....

help can,t post pictures anymore  46kpjl

The image has been uploaded, it should be on the upper left hand side of the screen.

help can,t post pictures anymore  1Etybl

Click on the thumbnail, you will see a new pop up window, here, you will find several options, but you only need a few of those. Most of the time, I change the size of the image from "Original Image" to "Large thumbnail", it provides me with a very good image size, but here you will need to experiment yourself to see what fits best for you. NOTE: Once you "change the size of one of the images, all the others will be affected, but this is only temporary, you can go back to original size any time you want.

help can,t post pictures anymore  XiEIVl

Now, you have 2 options, "Message boards" code or "Linked image for message boards" code. I'll explain the difference between both. "Linked image for message boards" its an image embedded with a link,as soon as you hoover your mouse in top of the image, you will be able to click it and follow that link, that eventually will take you to another page of IMGUR where you will be able to see the images in their maximum quality available Very Happy. While "message boards" code its just the image without a link. I'll show you an example at the end.

help can,t post pictures anymore  23FTZl

This is an image without a link

help can,t post pictures anymore  K9Jhsl

This is an image with a link embedded

help can,t post pictures anymore  K9Jhsl

Hopefully, someone find this useful! Laughing

alonsou
alonsou

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:55 pm

Alonsou, thank you for taking the time to try and help this gentleman solve his problem. But could we all please note that we would prefer use of another hosting service only to be a temporary solution to a problem and not a first choice.

The reason for this is quite simply that if a member then closes their account with that hosting service or decides to clear out pictures, then everything that has appeared on here is also deleted. This leaves us with gaps that are not only unsightly but which also could lose valuable information for other members. Imagine if someone had posted a pic of a disease they wanted IDed then subsequently removed it? Not very helpful to the rest of us.

The beauty of a dedicated hosting service is that it avoids such problems. Let's just let Kev help tlynn or others sort out the original problem.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:36 am

JimLewis wrote:help can,t post pictures anymore  Little10

Well, I can post pics, so it's not a system problem. Maybe Kev will have a solution to your problem. I've never run across it before. (This is me "a few" years ago. I'm in the midst of digitizing many of our old pictures -- some dating back into the late 1800s (NOT this one!!!) -- and this shot was available.)

What ever your problem with posting is... I don't give a d_ mn, hehehe. But I love kids and this one is no exception.
Looks very kind and cuddly. Really, what happened? just kidding. but you were really cute.
maybe you should start a new thread of IBC members cute baby pictures to see how harmless we were.

regards,
jun Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  john5555leonard Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:52 am

thanks everybody got there at last , hey jun not nice

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:20 am

Well done John.

Jun - go for it. Let's see the sweet baby Jun.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:19 pm

john5555leonard wrote:thanks everybody got there at last , hey jun not nice

since you can post photos again and I congratulate you for that John Laughing , let's test it if it really works now. Can we see your baby picture too? hehehe.

As for Mine Fiona, I am still asking my mother's permission.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  john5555leonard Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:08 am

jun, they didn't have cameras when I was a baby

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:55 am

john5555leonard wrote:jun, they didn't have cameras when I was a baby

Opppps! That was some 30 years ago I think? Basketball So I guess Jim's baby photo was taken by one of the prototype cameras...must be a collectors item now. (just kidding jim) Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down