Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

suddenly unable to post pictures

4 posters

Go down

suddenly unable to post pictures Empty suddenly unable to post pictures

Post  kauaibonsai Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:54 am

suggestions/remedies, please. after successfully posting pictures for months (following jim lewis' tutorial) I am suddenly unable to complete the process. I get all the way to the copy screen, then am unable to execute the last (paste) step . when I attempt to drag the picture file to the text , it bounces back. anybody experience this ? have a solution?

best wishes, sam

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

suddenly unable to post pictures Empty Re: suddenly unable to post pictures

Post  fiona Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:01 am

Could just be the image hosting service being down for maintenance. It happens every so often. Try again later and see if it is working again. Let us know how you get on.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:32 pm

Also, rather than dragging, try the right click COPY and right click PASTE method.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  wabashene Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:50 pm

Could be op system/ browser as I can't upload pics using WIN2k and IE6 on my rather old but perfectly fast/functional work pc - it just freezes. I need to upload via Mozilla.

I think XP and IE8 is OK on home pc iirc.

Thks

TimR
wabashene
wabashene

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:04 pm

JimLewis wrote:Also, rather than dragging, try the right click COPY and right click PASTE method.

I do this all the time - always seems a lot simpler than the other method. Have done a couple of tests and am not having problems today on either IE7 or Firefox.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:20 pm

I've had no problems with Firefox or Chrome -- which I'm about to zap off my system.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  kauaibonsai Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:23 pm

thanks for the advice-all. I'll try.

best wishes, sam

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  kauaibonsai Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:32 am

OK jim, please walk me through this. I'm at picture 3 of your step by step. what do I do next?

thanks, sam

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:20 am

Hello Sam. This is what I do.
Copy title then click post reply.
Paste title in Post title box and then click host an image.
When the box opens up click browse.
Go to where your photos are kept (I use my desktop after photoshop re sizeing) and click on the photo you want to load. It should turn pale blue and then click open. This should place the file to the right of the browse logo.
Then click host it.
A few seconds later you should see three copy boxes. Click the middle copy (image) and the line will turn blue and another box will open. Click allow access.
Move the cursor into the text box, click and then paste.
Your image should now be written into the box. I then click just before the picture text if I want to write something.
Hope this helps. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  kauaibonsai Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:40 am

sorry will. I'm not seeing what you see. I have a mac. could that be the reason? I've used JL's tutorial steps to successfully share many pictures. just recently for no apparent reason, I cannot execute step 3. the image file bounces back to the host it box. Hmmmm !
I'm exasperated.

best wishes, sam

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:57 pm

Are you saying you cannot PASTE the picture onto the page of text you are trying to post? I don't understand how "the image file bounces back to the host it box." Does it ever appear on the text screen? Are you clicking on "Upload?" It is not necessary, once the picture's address is on the screen.

Did you just upgrade your browser? Any other software? Did anything else change on your machine? (I cannot answer Apple specific questions.)
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Here is what I do:

I start by being in the Reply or New Thread frame I want to post a picture in.
I go to the left hand one of the image boxes - the one that says "Host an Image"
I click on it and when the Upload your image box appears I go to Browse to locate my picture (like Will I store on my desktop or a remote hard drive)
I click Host It
A box with three options appears. I highlight the middle one - Image
I use the Control + C buttons on my keyboard
Then I click on the part of the frame where I want the picture to be
Then I use Control + V to paste the image
Then I hit Upload

When you have doen it correctly, the box reverts to the Upload your image bit.

Never had any bother doing it this way - all it does is bypass the Allow Access to your clipboard prompt you get in the other method.

Last edited by fiona on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:05 pm

Also, I read recently someone was bemoaning having to resize images to put on this forum.

Correct me if I am wrong Kev, but that is no longer a necessity - this system does it for you. That's what the options are for at the bottom of the Upload you image box. Unless you tell it otherwise, the system will default resize your pics to the 800px width setting.

No need to worry about getting it down to whatever - that only happened on the old forum (and admittedly it was somewhat of a pain in the proverbials.)

It must work as I just uploaded a pic with an original size of 3MB. Takes longer to resize of course but it still does it.

Sam, please keep us posted if you are still having problems.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down