Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Danish stones

+17
dick benbow
my nellie
Andre Beaurain
Chris Cochrane
Todd Ellis
vlado
ogie
crust
kora
sunip
Billy M. Rhodes
trantanhung_nt
landerloos
peterbrod
drgonzo
stonener
fiona
21 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

My Danish stones - Page 9 Empty Re: My Danish stones

Post  trantanhung_nt Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:29 am

Hello Yvonne ,
Agree with you that I like it .
Congratulations to you , your efforts have had very good results ... that is beautiful DAIZA made from your skilled
hands .
Thanks for your sharing .
Hưng - Trần .

trantanhung_nt

Back to top Go down

Post  vlado Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:44 am

..of course Yvonne ,it is better than before Cool

have a nice stone!
vlado

vlado

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:56 am

Many thanks guys....I am very happy.

Kind regards yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:35 am

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:My latest daiza

This red grainte stone was left in the garden a couple of months, to be naturecleaned.
As it is a very hard stone, was it afterwards taken inside the house to be rubbed, to finaly become a suiseki...appreciation, and regular dusting will be its future Smile .
Now it stands 21 cm long 8.5 cm tall, and 9 cm wide......Is it a landskapestone, or is it a birdshaped/animalshaped stone....I dont really know....what do you think?
My Danish stones - Page 9 Img_1310
Photos and information on the stone, from when it was just found, can you find on page 10.

Kind regards Yvonne

Some details is always lost in a photo....I think should see how lovely contrasting the stone is in my Window...please enjoy
My Danish stones - Page 9 Img_1422
Have a nice day Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  vlado Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:23 am

Hi Yvonne
..a hundreds photos does not equal to one live look on the stone.
How many times we look at the stone, so many emotions will come. Therefore suiseki art is so captivating.

Have a nice day with your suiseki.
vlado

vlado

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:41 am

Hi Vlado

You are right....there are so much more in a stone, than a photo can capture, a pitty it is not possible to share completely....I just know, to live the daily life with suiseki in my home, makes me happy.

Hi all
I finished this daiza yesterday....the stone is as usual danish, and stands 10.5 cm high 19 long, and 15 cm deep.....gray, black, green and a little isblue is to be found in this stone.....The stone has a clear direction and front, but also the backside is nice and worth looking at, with its crystal cave.
I hope you like it Smile
My Danish stones - Page 9 Img_1423
My Danish stones - Page 9 Img_1424
My Danish stones - Page 9 Img_1425
Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:49 am

Made a daiza for the big heavy granite blendstone....I have reason to belive the Dan-seki has "suffered" outdoor yoseki at the same sunny, and windy spot for at least 80 years. So, I thought a daiza could not be made too early for this stone.
My Danish stones - Page 9 Img_1610
Here is the stone cleaned and ready for the indoor rubbing sheen.....I prefer to give this kind of sheen to a stone, when it is in the daiza...as it is humanmade ower years, and given to a suiseki indoors...not comming from nature....I think rubbing must come from abowe, like dusting do, and it is a misstake if sheen is given from all angels.
My Danish stones - Page 9 Img_1510
My Danish stones - Page 9 Img_1511
My Danish stones - Page 9 Img_1512
I love the details in the stone, and the collor too ( here is the stone dry)...This stone can not have too much rubbing...it will give me the uppertunity to realy learn all about this stones secrets Smile

Jerry Braswell is making a kiribox for the stone....it will give a nice lifted base for the stone, when it is standing in the window, showing the tiny contrasts.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:34 pm

Hello Yvonne,
Her it is, a fine example of a Danisch granite viewing stone (a DAN-DAN-seki)
A robust character and the aging is in accordance to that.
Lovely those pink patterns on that Scandinavien stone.
(Scandinavien granite would benefit from indoor yoseki followed by outdoor yoseki i feel, i know unusual)
My experience is that one should let the shape of the stone lead the hand in indoor yoseki,
only rubbing from above would leave the stone less spacial.
A stone found on a footpath shows a fine and appealing polish but is less dimensional then it could be.
BTW. the stone you showed before this one is lovely as well.
Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi Sunip

I am happy, you like the stone too....it will become nice with the indoor age.....one day, I give a update in the galery.
About the indoor ageing...maybe not just from the top and dawn...did not explain enough.....It is as you say all ower the stone, anywere my cottoncloth can reach, when it is standing on the table.
What I am trying to say, is that the daiza will prevent you from giving this rubbing all the way dawn, it will stop you earlier, and make the indoor ageing convinsing humanmade....the Noh actor I have previusly shown, had its yoseki from being stepped on for years....a kind of naturesheen, it was not made in the house, after the stone was found...this I think, does make a diffrence, and is a part of a stones history, this will only thrill stonefreaks Smile

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:59 pm

Hello Yvonne,
I am surprised!
I would never have thoughts about rubbing a stone in its seat.
I have to take a stone in my hands.
Well this eventually will happen in the future if my aging hands are gonna give up on heavy stones
then i will only dust them where they are.
Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:30 pm

I do the table dusting/rubbing of the small stones in my hand too, but it is still in the daiza.

Kind regards Yvonne Smile

Last edited by Yvonne Graubaek on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed the joking greeting to Sunip, as it appears to be not funny at all)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:46 pm

I would like to add a little to the rubbing of the stone in the daiza......this way will the daiza and stone become one....The previus stone is only rubbed from abowe, and were the stiff cottoncloth can reach dawn the sides...and not on the underside of the cliff to the left, as this would have made the stone unbeliveable as a solid stone standing....(had this one been rubbed from the underside, would the stone have become like a thing, biseki)....this add a lot to the stones caracter, as the green to the right side will become dark, and smooth with time, and the green to the left, will stay as it is, untouched raw.

Please ask questions, or give your opinion.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:28 am

Maybe i should show a example
My Danish stones - Page 9 Img_1611
This little stone is new as suiseki....It has had a little rubbing in the daiza, and it is easy to see this stone will age with the daiza...To me is this about indoor ageing.
My Danish stones - Page 9 Img_1612
The big granite...20 grams from the weight of 5 kilos, without the daiza.....already showing darker sheen, and raw parts in the "daizashaddow"...it will add twice as much caracter to the stone, than if it was rubbed all ower.....this one will also age together with the daiza, that makes it a suiseki.

If the stone is indoor aged without the daiza...will be kept new.
Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Hello Yvonne,

Thank you for your experiences and thoughts on this.
On thing is clear, the stone should guide the hand so indeed it is not about -just rubbing the whole thing-.
About the indoor-outdoor yoseki of some stones i am trying;
a stone with an indoor sheen looses that sheen outdoors of course but when you take it indoors again
it will come easier after rubbing to get the sheen back
moreover you might have the ability to get a deepening of yoseki.
Lovely to talk about some practical aspects of yoseki on the forum.
The idea of aging the daiza as well, is lovely, (its like patina on bonsai pots), it will suit the stone better and is more natural then a new one.
Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi Sunip

We both have our taste...you prefer the smooth surface no matter what, as far as I can read you :)feel free to correct me.

I like the smooth surface, if it was made in the nature before i found the stone...and then I dont think it is needed to rub the stone outdoors, but just wait, untill I have taken the stone indoors.

If the stone has caracter of a diffrent kind, does it depend on the hardness of the stone, what i decide to do. Also is it far from all my stones, I want to give a sheen....but cleaned in the garden by rain and sun will be given to all.
A grey stone I found in Kamogawa was in the garden all year...it a kind of opened up....Would you have wanted to rub all that away, to a smooth surface without a little contrast?

Sorry...my pc will not uploade, but a closeup photo is to be found in my gallery.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:38 pm

[quote="Yvonne Graubaek"]
..you prefer the smooth surface no matter what, as far as I can read you :)feel free to correct me.

Hello Yvonne,
No this must be a misunderstanding, indeed for me it all depends on the stone as well,
they sure are not gonna end up with the same finish forced on them.
Yoseki is an exiting process.
That nice little one you show us is new to me, is it from Japan?
Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:13 pm

Hi Sunip

Thanks for your answer....Happy for the understanding... it is dificult to talk about..easier to to do, when both are having the stone in the hand.

The small stone was shown my foreigh stones...please take a look.

Kind regards yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:32 pm

Hello Yvonne ,
Found him, post 5 dec.
Only a different picture, it has somehow the atmosphere of the other Kamagowa stones you found.
Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:37 pm

Yes...do you remember the topic "stones I found in the Kamogawa"?...it is in there....I only need to carve 2 small daizas, then all the "harvest" from this trip is in daizas....

Kind regards yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:37 am

The other day, I was taking a photo of one of my small older danish stones. And took a look of this stone again...it has been bothering me all the time, as i like the stone very much, but somehow was it just a pretty "something"....basalt and crystal
My Danish stones - Page 9 Img_1618
My Danish stones - Page 9 Img_1619
the daiza is by me...and appears to have "lazy" leegs"

I turned it around, and found a bird on the nest.
My Danish stones - Page 9 Img_1622
maleside
My Danish stones - Page 9 Img_1621
femaleside....maybe I prefer this side Smile

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:17 am

The Bird on the Nest is to me the Most striking!
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:43 pm

Hello, Yvonne!
I have never made any comments on your stones, as I have no knowledge..., just my sense of appreciation for beauty.
I do love them and I feel grateful for your writing about them.

Danish flint, humanshaped, standing 7 cm. tall.
Daiza by Yvonne Graubaek.....one of the very first Smile
May I say that this daiza you have made for the last photo of stone shown in your gallery is so very unique and the apprehension of the collar under the human head/stone is just exciting!
What kind of wood do you use for your daizas?

Thank you.
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi Alexandra

I am pleased to meet you on the suisekipage Smile....It must be this stone from the gallery, you are talking about
My Danish stones - Page 9 Img_1623
It is a early stone, and daiza of mine...the daiza was carved from mahogni....I also use teak, and old rainforrest hardwood, a very old retired friend of my, bought in hes young days, and never used.

I am sure you find stones too...please show them in a topic...I enjoy to see what kind of stones people pick up...they dont have to be suisekimaterial, to find attension on IBC.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:19 pm

Yes, indeed! This is the exact stone, Yvonne.
May I also say that the outline reminds me of the Roman God Janus who was represented having two faces. One looking towards the future and one looking back. January is named after Janus, as you may also know.
My Danish stones - Page 9 Image?view=image&format=raw&type=img&id=135

Mahogany is a very hard wood, am I wrong? It would have been tiresome to carve it, I believe...
Yvonne Graubaek wrote: ... ...I am sure you find stones too...please show them in a topic...I enjoy to see what kind of stones people pick up...they dont have to be suisekimaterial, to find attension on IBC.
Yes, I do. I have some stones that are pleasing to me. Perhaps I will show them to IBC, as an introduction to some Greek origin stones Very Happy

Thank you for your response.

Last edited by my nellie on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add text)
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi Alexandra

Nice to see the roman coin......face and collor is almost the same, now i understand why you took a extra look at this stone.....
My Danish stones - Page 9 Img_1714
My stone has a big nose too...if it is young Janus, I dont know...maybe a little more old caesar.

Kind regards yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next