Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here is one of my first black pine tree as a beginner

5 posters

Go down

Here is one of my first black pine tree as a beginner Empty Here is one of my first black pine tree as a beginner

Post  robinbonsai808 Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:16 pm

I'm new to this forum and I hope you guys like it. I'm a beginner so any advice or guidance will be appreciated.
Robin A.
San Jose, Ca.
Here is one of my first black pine tree as a beginner Blackp12

robinbonsai808

Back to top Go down

Here is one of my first black pine tree as a beginner Empty Re: Here is one of my first black pine tree as a beginner

Post  dick benbow Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:27 pm

Just keep in mind that no matter who you talked to, they all had to start at the beginning!

While i appreciate skilled artistry, I also appreciate someone who has learned to properly nurture their trees and present them well detailed.

To me bonsai is like a two sided coin. Most come to the hobby drawn by the artistry but soon learn that the horticultural knowledge is the base foundation for everything else.

Your trunk has movement, you have rootage, You'll have to fool with the angles to get the best balance for placement in your pot.

I think japanese black pine and shimpaku junipers are great places to begin the journey with.
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Here is one of my first black pine tree as a beginner Empty Re: Here is one of my first black pine tree as a beginner

Post  EdMerc Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:04 pm

dick benbow wrote:
I think japanese black pine and shimpaku junipers are great places to begin the journey with.

I agree on the junipers, but any pine can be a challenge for a beginner. I will say that your material shows much more promise than the average beginner tree. You've got something to build on.

If you haven't already done so, may I advise that you find a local bonsai club. You are going to need some experienced direction to make this tree into something good. There are certain steps that need to be taken with pines that just wouldn't occur to the uninitiated. Hands on help is the best help.

Good luck.
Ed
EdMerc
EdMerc

Back to top Go down

Post  robinbonsai808 Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Thanks guys for the encouraging words. I'll definitely join a club in San Jose as my interest keeps peeking.

Thanks,
Robin A.

robinbonsai808

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferdie * Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:05 am

robinbonsai808 wrote:I'm new to this forum and I hope you guys like it. I'm a beginner so any advice or guidance will be appreciated.
Robin A.
San Jose, Ca.
Here is one of my first black pine tree as a beginner Blackp12

Hi Robin, Welcome to the Club, the way i see it, first, you can actually try to reposition it, where you can gain the best picture that you can actually get out it, maybe you can have it carefully bend a little by little and then try to slant it to make it look a semi cascade.. Very Happy

Ferdz
Ferdie *
Ferdie *

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiang Cheng Kooi Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:03 pm

Hi Robin,
I am a beginer too,i had been keeping 3 black pine for 2 years but olso kill a handful the first 6 month. I think as a starter, semi cascade is the one, becoz semi cascade pot are has a biggger volume and is deeper. This contribute to bettter stability in the planting medium. Deep pot drains better and bigger volume pot does not dry up fast.
Chiang Cheng Kooi
Chiang Cheng Kooi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down