Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visiting Ryan Neil

4 posters

Go down

Visiting Ryan Neil Empty Visiting Ryan Neil

Post  dick benbow Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:29 pm

yesterday, 8 of us from the Puget Sound Bonsai Association packed into two vehicles and headed south to Oregon.
I'm not much of a fan for being in a car for 7 hours, but I can honestly say it was worth it. In addition to visiting Ryan's facility, we also were invited to the home of the person who digs his yamadori that he works on.

located on gently rolling hills of 5 acres, his facility features a beautiful residence, studio and green house and magnificent view of a snow capped volcano.. his grounds are still a work in progress but it is easy to see where the work is going. will be an incredible looking facility. To see all the trees in various states of development was a treat as you could see the skills japanese,
used to style american trees.

he had one apprentice on site already, and another was expected shortly from france.

the hobby here in the USA and around the world actually, is really going to benefit from having this young man
around to encourage , inspire and instruct.

I know a lot of you will be anticipating photos.....I did take a few ( close to 100 ) but cannot seem to figure out how to get them posted. tho I've tried a few times while reading the tutorial. last time i ran into the same problem on a Koi chatline, I had someone close by call me and walk me thru it while on the phone, till I got it.
So anyone in the Northwest that wants to talk me thru it should PM me and we'll set up a time and exchange PH #'s. Smile Sorry, computers are NOT my thing but I do enjoy sharing experiences, and would love to be able to take you along.
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Visiting Ryan Neil Empty Re: Visiting Ryan Neil

Post  marcus watts Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:52 pm

hi, if you can upload the pictures to a free host like photobucket then you only need to paste the link into your post on here and the pictures appear in amongst your text. (There are 4 different lines of link text under each picture in photobucket, paste the 4th - bottom - line and you get the actual picture rather than just a link). hope this helps a little as the pictures will be excelent to see.

cheers Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Visiting Ryan Neil Empty ryan neil pics

Post  art_rod Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:38 pm

it would be great if you could e-mail all the pics to someone who can post them for you.

art_rod

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:46 pm

Dick, check your in box.
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:12 pm

thanks to marcus and john

ryan's home page