Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mail order and bare-rooted 4 inch pot plants

3 posters

Go down

Mail order and bare-rooted 4 inch pot plants  Empty Mail order and bare-rooted 4 inch pot plants

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:27 pm

Okay Guys,

second question. My collection of non native trees started off as bare rooted seedling purchased from mail order nurseries in the US.[ I was living in Lafayette, L.A and going to school in Philadelphia.]

How come it is so difficult to find a mail order nursery carrying 4" pot maples [ or smaller pot sizes ] and have them shipped bared rooted ?

I have tried two mail order nurseries so far and both insist the plant must be shipped with soil and as far as I can tell you are paying for UPS, which is supposed to be faster.

Anyone have explanations, or has the world changed since the early 80's ?
Khaimraj

Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Mail order and bare-rooted 4 inch pot plants  Empty Re: Mail order and bare-rooted 4 inch pot plants

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:20 am

Have you tried the National Arbor Day Society, I know they shipped bare root at one time because a friend of mine would get trees every year and give them to me.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Mail order and bare-rooted 4 inch pot plants  Empty Re: Mail order and bare-rooted 4 inch pot plants

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:23 am

Morning Billy,

well I wasn't really looking for free-bees Laughing

Just curious, if you are being asked to pay for UPS? Why the extra weight factor? scratch
Must be the packaging agreement ????
Thanks.
Until.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:13 pm

or has the world changed since the early 80's ?

You think?

And NOT for the better!
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:17 pm

well I wasn't really looking for free-bees

The National Arbor Day stuff isn't really free, they send them for a "donation."
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:37 pm

Ah hah, Billy,

I understand. In Lafayette, the children used to show up with free swamp cypresses and some how dump them on me. I thought that was what you were talking about.
Will look into the situation.

Jim - sigh - let's smile.

Prime Mover give me the strength to change what I can,
the patience for what I cannot change,
and the wisdom to know what I should not change.

Now do I have to send you another tree in bloom image to help you through the day ?
Thanks for replying.
Wisdom of the ancients and ages to you.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down