Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rash IE body

3 posters

Go down

Rash IE body Empty Rash IE body

Post  darky Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:59 am

G,day people, I have a question regarding a rash from working with Junipers.

I would like to know if any one here has suffered from a rash on both arms and legs? it is extremely itchy.

If any one can help, ie what they did to treat it, apart from the obvious of stopping work with the said genera of plants.

I would be grateful thanking you in advance Darky

darky

Back to top Go down

Rash IE body Empty Rash IE body

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:04 am

darky wrote:
G,day people, I have a question regarding a rash from working with Junipers.

I would like to know if any one here has suffered from a rash on both arms and legs? it is extremely itchy.

If any one can help, ie what they did to treat it, apart from the obvious of stopping work with the said genera of plants.

I would be grateful thanking you in advance Darky

Hello Darky. It is not uncommon for people to have an allergic reaction to Junipers. Some wear surgical gloves to create a barrier but I don't know of a treatment.

Back to top Go down

Rash IE body Empty Rash IE Body

Post  bonsaisr Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:55 am

That is more a medical question. Standard treatment would probably be a cortisone ointment and possibly an oral antihistamine. In this country we would look in the drug store (chemist) for poison ivy remedies. Ask your doctor. He might be able to prescribe something you can take to forestall the allergy beforehand. However, the nature of allergies being that each reaction is worse than the last, you may eventually have to forego working on Junipers.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Rash IE body Empty Re: Rash IE body

Post  JimLewis Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:08 pm

Try an antihistamine.

Then, switch to some other Genus of conifer.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Rash IE body Empty Re: Rash IE body

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down